Chapter 25

Hey Guys!! 👋👋 I had a bit of free time today so here I am. :) 

 ----------------------------------------

"Karishma beta yeh khaalo, thana se seedha aayi ho kuch khaya bhi nahi hoga." Ammi said as she forwarded Samosas to Karishma. Karishma gladly took one as she was really hungry.

(Karishma eat this, you must be hungry you arrived her right from the thana.)

"Aapko DSP sir ne chutti kaise de di?" Haseena asked. She couldn't understand how Karishma got to come with her at such a last moment. She literally had to plead with DSP Sir for a few days before she got her holiday request sanctioned.

(How did the DSP approve your Holiday request?)

"Hum Karishma Singh hai.Hamara bhaukal hi kuch aisa hai. Ek baar thanle toh jo chahiye woh humme mil hi jaata hai." Karishma said as she looked Haseena in the eye with utmost confidence and a little bit of tease. Haseena just scoffed at Karishma and started eating her food again.

(I am The Karishma Singh. Once I decide on something there is nothing that I can't achieve.)

"Humne aapko keh toh diya lekin hamara halat hogaya hai yeh chutti lene mein. Subhe se ghadhe ki tarah kaam karke, sab nipta ke aa rahe hai. Woh takla agar hamara DSP na hota toh batate usse. Kya halat kardi hamara. Upar se Amma aur Santu ke sawalon ke jawab do." Karishma thought to herself, as she gave a sigh of relief.

(Even though I am acting confident but getting this holiday sanctioned was the most exhausting this ever, I am half dead. I have been working tirelessly throughout the day. I would have killed that man if he wasn't out DSP. And throughout all that I had to keep answering Amma and Santu's questions the entire day.)

"Waise beta yeh nalayak toh kuch kahegi nahi par tumhara bahut shukriya ki tumne itni mehnat ki aur tum bhi hamare saath aayi. Hum jaante hai bahut mushkil rahi hogi tumhare liye." Ammi said as she sweetly patted Karishma's head.

(By the way, this girl won't say anything but thank you so much that you worked so hard and you are coming with us. I know it must have been difficult for you.)

Karishma smiled at Ammi and engulfed her in a side hug, and she said, "Ab aap apni beti ko dhanyawad bolengi. Aap Haseena se jitna pyaar karti hai utna aap humse pyaar nahi karti. Jaiye hum aapse baat nahi karte. Agle hi stop pe hum utar jayenge."

(You will be thankful to your own daughter? You don't love me as much as you love Haseena. I am upset with you; I won't talk to you. I will get off at the next stop itself.)

Ammi chuckled and cupped Karishma's cheeks with one hand and said, "Beta tum toh hamari pyari beti ho tumse kaise hum kaam pyaar kar sakte hai bhala. Tum ho iss liye toh humme iss nalayak ki chinta nahi rehti. Tum par toh humme poora bharosa hai. Aur hum toh hamesha isse kehte rehtein hai ki tumhe ghar laye humse milwane lekin yeh apni jealousy mein tumhe le kar hi nahi aati." Ammi said, and pecked Karisma's cheek.

(You are my favorite daughter how can I love you any less. You are there that is why I worry less about Haseena. I trust you completely. I keep telling Haseena to bring you home so that I can meet you as well but she doesn't bring you home because of her jealousy.)

"Aapko jab bhi humse milne ki icha ho aap seedha humme phone kijiye hum yun aa jayenge. Aapko kisiki jealousy ke wajah se apni beti se dur rehne ki koi zararat nahi hai." Karishma said. Karishma gave Haseena a sly, teasing smile.

(Whenever you feel like meeting me, just call me and I will be right there in a second. Because of other people's jealousy you don't have to stay far from me.)