Chapter 4

Note :- Guys I read and appreciate each and every feedback that I get. I will try my best if I can incorporate them somehow but there are times it might not be possible. I just wanted to let you guys know that I am not ignoring any suggestion or feedback.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been a few days since. Handling cases and their daily thana gupshup. Long days and even longer nights for a certain someone. I don't think I have to mention the name. The only good thing during these past few days that gave her the courage to keep going were the messages exchanged between her and Karishma. After realizing that it's going to be difficult for them to communicate during the working hours because if it is not work then there is the trio. So, Haseena finally messaged Karishma. Every minute it took for Karishma to reply, Haseena contemplated whether she should delete the message or not and she was about to. That's when Karishma replied.

H – Hi.

K- Hi, Maddam Sir.

Haseena hated that Karishma was calling her Maddam Sir. She wanted to talk to her love and not her co-worker. Haseena thought about something and after a long minute she pressed send.

H – Karishma, humne toh bas aapki tabiyaat ke baare mein poochne ke liye message kiya tha. Hum jaante hai aaj kal kaam bahut zyada badh gaya hai.

(Karishma, I only wanted to check up on you. I know that workload has increased)

As Karishma read the message, a hint of pink colored her cheeks. It was a subtle but sweet reaction, a sign of the emotions stirring within her. The blush faded quickly, but the impact of the message lingered, leaving her feeling grateful and happy.

K – Haseena, hum theek hai, Aap kaisi hai? Humne dekha hai aapka stress bahut badh gaya hai. Aap chinta mat kijiye hum hai na. aapna bhuakal dikhake sab yun theek kar dengein.

(Haseena, I am alright. How are you? I know your stress level is up these days. Don't worry, I am there. I will make your stress go away)

When Haseena read her name a big, dimpled smile crept up on her face, lighting up her features with its radiance.

H – Aapko aapna bhaukal dikhane ki zarurat nahi hai. Aap bas hamare saath rahiye. Hamara stress toh yun hi gayab ho jayega.

(You don't have to do much. Just be with me and my stress will vanish itself)

K – Hum toh aapke saath hi hai.

(I am always there with you)

As Haseena read the message, her heart raced, and a rush of warmth spread across her face. Soft blush crept up her cheeks. Her gaze darted around the room, seeking refuge from the intensity of her emotions. She couldn't believe that a simple message had caused such a reaction within her. And yet, the soft blushing persisted, a constant reminder of the emotions that lay just beneath the surface.

Just like that they talked to each other for a while and after the initial 2-3 days now both had overcome the initial awkwardness. Karishma's everyday started with Haseena's good morning texts and ended with her replying to Haseena's good night texts. And that's how the past few days spent between them bring us back to the present.

Finally, the thana had a lighter workload and they could go back to their usual baketi (useless conversations) without any guilt. Karishma was out on her field duty when she came across a distressed couple. She looked at them wondering what the problem could be. She wasn't eavesdropping but she heard a few things not to her fault.

"Do you even like me? The way you are behaving it makes me wonder if you lied about your feelings." The girl said.

"No! I like you a lot and I never lied to you. What caused you to think that? Did I do something?" Boy responded.

"That's the thing you do nothing. We have been dating for the past 2 weeks and we have never even been on a proper date. Don't you want to spend time with me?" The girl replied with impatience.

Boy chuckled and found this reason so endearing. He pulled her cheeks and gave her sweet kiss on her hand and replied "Darling, it's not that I don't want to spend time with you. I would love to do that. If I could, I would spend every passing moment with you. It is just that I have been busy with work, and I know the office has increased your workload as well in the past few days. I want our first date to be memorable. I want you to enjoy it completely without any stress and without any disruptions. That's why I was waiting for the right time to ask you out on the date."

The girl looked at the boy and started jumping happily and hugged the boy and said "I am so sorry for ever doubting you. I know the first date needs to be memorable, but every moment spent with you is memorable for me, so don't wait and take me out soon. Otherwise, I will have to take matters into my own hands, and we will have a date in the next hour."

Looking at the girls' reaction Karishma thought about Haseena. How happy she would be if they went out on a date together. "Haseena kitna khush ho jayegi hum agar aise kahin bahar ghumne gaye. Unke face pe kitna payara sa smile aa jata hai. Aur waise bhi unhe shaq ho sakta hai, agar hum unke saath samay nahi bitanyenge, jaise iss ladki ko hogaya tha. Aur hum aisa nahi hone de sakte. (Haseena will be so happy if we went out on a data. She will have this lovely smile on her face. Also, she might start doubting me if I don't spend time with her and I can't let that happen.)"

Karishma was busy planning the date while entering the thana. Not paying attention to her surroundings. And just like that she crashed into someone and that person landed back on the floor. This broke Karishma's thought process.

"Amma bhak, dekh kar nahi chal sakte.!" Karishma shouted.

(Can't you watch where you are going)

"Karishma Madam hum toh dekh ke hi chal rahe the aapka dhayan kahan tha." Billu replied while caressing his waist.

(Karishma Madam, I was paying attention, you were the one who was lost in her thoughts)

"Amma tum baketti na karo. Hum chahe jaise bhi aaye tumhe dhyaan rakhna chahiye. Ab aur ek shabdh bola toh aisa kantap lagayege na." Karishma said while making an angered and irritated face. By now everyone had already circled them and even Haseena was out of the cabin.

(Don't talk back to me. Whether or not I pay attention doesn't matter, It is your job to pay attention. Now don't say another word otherwise I will give you a tight slap.)

"Karishma madam, shant ho jaye. Kahe bichare pe itna bhadak rahi hai. Ek toh who bichara gir gaya , usse chot aai hai aur aap hai ki bas toofan bani padhi hai. "Pushpa ji said while going near Karishma.

(Karishma madam, calm down. Why are you shouting at him like this. He is already hurt and you are acting like this whirlwind of anger)

"Haan, Karishma.... Singh aisa kya hogaya ki aap itna bhadak rahi hai." Haseena added.

(Yes, Karisham Singh what happened? Why are you reprimanding him so much?)

"Woh hum kuch zaruri soch rahe the and iss Bille ne sab kuch bhulla diya" Karishma replied.

(I was thinking about something important and this Bille caused me to forget everything)

"Aap aisa kya important soch rahi thi?" Haseena asked.

(What was so important?)

"Woh hum aapke- (I was thinking about you-) "In a swift motion all eyes were on her, and Karishma realized what she was about to say so she stopped herself and said while scratching her head "Woh hum aapne jo important case diya tha uske baare mein soch rahe the"

(I mean I was thinking about the case that you asked me to solve)

Haseena smiled a little because she understood what Karishma was about to say. Everybody went back to their work, except for Karishma and Haseena. Haseena went forward and slowly whispered in Karishma's ear "Hum jaante hai aap kya kehne wali thi (I know what you were going to say)" and she went back to her cabin leaving a flustered and blushing Karishma standing there. Karishma rubbed her ear as she still felt Haseena's lingering hot breath on her ear. She lowered her gaze and had this big smile on her face.