Chapter 51

Teleportation. It is a magic spell that enables humans to move from one destination to another without the usage of carriages or ships. However, it consumes a large amount of mana the further the distance.

If Aeliana was able to learn how to use teleportation, she would be able to save her father from his fatal accident, even if it cost a large sum of mana, she was willing to do it. With a plan in mind, she knew who to ask for help.

The next time she had a magic lesson was two weeks later as Henri had some business to cater to.

"Absolutely not." Henri immediately rejected in a stern tone.

Aeliana furrowed her brows, "Why? Is it because of the amount of mana I have? I won't use it for long distances!"

Henri sighed and stopped writing on the chalkboard, he turned to her and spoke, "Your request is impossible, Aeliana."

"What?"

"It's impossible because nobody knows the spell except those with royal blood. Only certain royal mages know the spell and they have made a vow to never use it unless royal requests."

Henri's words made Aeliana shut up. Henri had talked briefly about the teleportation spell in a previous class, that was how she learnt about it but she never knew the spell was only known by royals. Not a second later, she realised that the only time she ever saw the usage of that spell was by the royal mages when she visited Daphne.

She deflated into her seat briefly before remembering she knew someone of royal blood.

"No, you are not allowed to ask the Princess for the spell." Henri instantly cut her hopes short.

She pouted and grumbled, "Can't even ask if they can do it for me?"

"You could but the Princess is not born with a lot of mana so even if it was a short distance, it would take a toll on her body."

"But what about the royal mages?"

"Her Highness may be able to help with that but the one who has the ultimate say is the Emperor."

"...Right.."

In the end, she was back to square one.

Aeliana sat at her desk with an irritated expression on her face as she scribbled and doodled all over the paper. She buried her head into her arms and let out a loud sigh. She had no other ideas left in her besides one.

"I guess we have to go with that idea..." she muttered to herself and sighed again, doodling until she could no longer fit anything else on the paper.

The only idea she had left was to ask her father if he could use another route. It was the longer way but slightly safer. Usually, it would take two to three days to reach the academy but with the longer route, it would take five to seven days.

'I don't even know how to convince Dad to use that route..'

She groaned and hit her head against the desk before deciding to put it aside for now. She will just come up with the solution in a few weeks or so, she had plenty of time still. Wanting to take her mind off this problem, she resorted to her roller skates.

Aeliana could proudly say she has mastered roller skating to a degree. She wore her roller skates, hearing a clicking sound as she tightened them before heading outside. Humming to a tune, she skated around whilst greeting servants she met while doing so.

This continued for an hour and a half before she slowly came to a halt and took a seat on the bench. She stretched her body and relaxed on the bench, glancing up at the sky, hovering her hand over her eyes to prevent the bright sunlight from burning her iris to a crisp.