Chapter 39

Aeliana woke up an hour later, puzzled as to how she was on her bed when she clearly remembered the last thing was her sitting in the library reading. She glanced around her room hoping there could be a clue as to how she got here but she was alone.

Still puzzled, she got out of her bed and walked out her room. As she walked through the long hallways in the mansion, she noticed Darius walking from the opposite direction.

"Brother," she called out before adding on, "Did you see who brought me back to my room from the library this afternoon?"

Darius shook his head, "Hm I wasn't around the library around that time, I was with Marius outside in the garden."

"Oh I see, thank you brother."

Darius pondered briefly before adding on, "Maybe brother Claud brought you back. I think he's in the music room."

Aeliana nodded and waved him goodbye, heading over to the music room. Reaching closer to the music room, she could hear the violin and piano sounds blending in together beautifully.

She decided to wait until the music came to a halt before knocking on the door and coming inside.

"Oh Aeliana?" Claud said with a surprised tone lacing around his voice as he turned to the opened door.

"I will see you in the next class." the music teacher spoke, bowing before leaving the music room.

"What brings you here?" Claud questioned, keeping his violin away.

Aeliana was about to ask but paused as she thought about it.

"How long are your classes?"

"My classes? Around two to three hours. Why?"

'So it was definitely not him.'

"Alright, thanks brother!"

"Ah! Aeliana you're leaving already?"

He had a disappointed expression on his face as she nodded and waved goodbye, quickly heading off to her next location.

"Oh my lady, Master Leon isn't in his room right now." one of the servants said once they noticed Aeliana waiting in front of his door.

"Do you know where is he?"

"I think he might be in the garden."

"Which garden?"

"Master Leon often liked the garden not too far from the Duchess' garden."

"I see, thank you very much!"

As Aeliana headed over to the garden the servant had mentioned, she recalled the previous time she went to that garden and fell asleep before waking up with Leon beside her. She chuckled at the memory, remembering how shocked she was seeing another face especially Leon's.

The dead leaves crinkled under her feet as she trudged through the garden in search of her brother. She could feel the slight chill in the air as the breeze brushed her skin. After she made a few turns around the garden, she found Leon sitting in the exact bench previously.

He had his eyes closed with an unusually thick book placed on his lap. Aeliana assumed it was a book for his studies in the academy. She walked closer before taking a seat next to him.

Leon had his lips pressed into a thin line and his eyebrows furrowed deeply creating wrinkles on his face. Aeliana could see the dark eyebags under his eyes.

'He must have been studying endlessly..'

She stared at him for another second before noticing how he was slightly shaking from the cold. He didn't have a jacket on and only wore a long sleeve shirt and pants.