Chapter 43

A few days later while the Alston family was having breakfast, Cassian turned to Aeliana and announced,

"Eli, you are having a new tutor starting tomorrow."

"New tutor? Will I still be having my lessons with Madam D'Aramitz?"

"Yes, you will still have your usual lessons with Madam D'Aramitz. You will simply be having magic lessons from now on as well."

"Magic lessons? So early?" Aeliana questioned as Marius and Darius only began theirs when they were seven.

Cassian nodded, taking a sip of his tea, "It is safer if you start early and learn how to control your magic and mana since you wield two types of attributes."

"I see.."

She turned to Claud who she sat with for today's breakfast and leaned closer, whispering; "What does attributes mean?"

Claud chuckled at his sister's confusion at a new word, "It means elements, in this case, it is about the types of magic there is in this world."

Aeliana had a realisation once he explained the word to her.

She turned back to her father and spoke, "Who is the new tutor?"

"Do you remember the person who came and healed you?"

She nodded at her father's words.

"He's going to be your new tutor. Don't worry, he is qualified and I have known him for a good amount of time so you can trust him."

"I'm not going to have the same tutor as Brother Marius and Darius?"

"No, because their tutor is specialised only in common magic. Your new tutor is very well taught in common magic but he has studied light magic as well."

Aeliana nodded and didn't ask anymore. Her memory of that magician wasn't great, only remembering the figure and not the face. After breakfast, she headed to her lessons with Madam as usual.

Walking into the room, she noticed Madam D'Aramitz had someone next to her. He looked slightly older than Aeliana, probably around her twin brothers' age. He had chocolate-coloured hair and eyes which were similar to Madam D'Aramitz.

"Ah Lady Aeliana, you are right on time. Today we are going to improve on your dancing and this time I have brought my youngest son with me to help." Madam D'Aramitz turned to her son and nodded.

He stood a step forward and bowed, "Greetings Lady Aeliana, my name is Silvius D'Aramitz. It is a pleasure meeting you." he spoke cohesively.

Aeliana without hesitation did a polite curtsy, replying; "Greetings Lord Silvius, the pleasure is mine."

Madam D'Aramitz nodded, satisfied with the exchange and clapped her hands before saying; "Alright, now get in position, we shall be practising ballroom dancing from the top!"

***

"...And stop!"

Aeliana and Silvius stopped dancing and turned to Madam D'Aramitz. She clapped her hands in a satisfied manner.

"That will be all for today. Good work both of you," she said with a small smile.

Silvius took a step back and nodded. He glanced at Aeliana and muttered; "Good work." before walking away.

She raised an eyebrow at his figure but said nothing in return, instead turning to Madam D'Aramitz and thanking her before leaving the room for the day.

She returned to her room and changed into comfier clothing instead of a dress. She wore a collar shirt and pants before putting her hair up into a ponytail. She sat on the couch and began wearing her roller skates.