Chapter 35

Author's note: Exciting news which I hope you stay and read ><

---

Aeliana looked up and saw a petite figure staring down at her. She had light pink hair and sky-blue cat-like eyes. Her hair was up into two buns and she was in a light yellow frilly dress.

"I said what are you doing?" the girl repeated, causing Aeliana to snap out of her thoughts.

"I'm playing hide and seek."

"With who?" the girl asked with one eyebrow raised.

Aeliana signalled her to crouch down beside her. The girl looked for a moment before doing what Aeliana had asked.

"I'm playing with my older brothers."

"You have an older brother too?"

"Yes, do you?"

"Yeah! I love my older brother! He's nice to me and always takes care of me."

Aeliana smiled warmly at the girl's words, "Then where is he?"

"I'm not sure, I was walking with him then suddenly he's gone."

Aeliana blinked before nodding, "Do you want to stay with me first?"

The girl raised an eyebrow, "Why should I? I'm sure I can find my brother!"

Just as Aeliana was about to reply, she noticed Claud's figure slowly coming into view. Not wanting to lose, she placed her hand on the girl's mouth and hushed her.

"My brother is coming!" she whispered.

The two girls stayed still until there were no sounds again. Aeliana removed her hand.

"Ugh! You put your hand on my mouth!? I'm the Daphne Beryl Scipiones, don't you know that!?"

She furrowed her eyebrows, "Who..?"

The girl, Daphne glared, hastily stood up, and posed cutely, "I am the one and only princess of the Bestarian Empire!!"

"Ooh, the princess of our empire." Aeliana clapped, playing along with Daphne.

She huffed, lifting her nose up high, "You clearly aren't educated enough."

"Well, I am only four this year—"

"You're four?" Daphne cut Aeliana off.

"Yes—"

"Hm never thought I would see someone younger than me," Daphne muttered, looking at Aeliana as if she were some animal.

'She really is acting like she's a princess...she probably is then but there's a lot of people who could pretend they are..'

"Anyways, Princess Daphne, do you want to find your brother?" Aeliana asked.

She decided to play along with Daphne since there was no harm in it. If she really was the princess then she didn't come off as rude and if she wasn't— well she could just say she was playing with her.

Daphne seemed to be pleased by her formality and nodded, "I think he's already looking for me."

"So you're going to stay here?"

"I'll give you the grace of being able to be with a princess." she smugly smiled.

Aeliana glanced away and internally sighed. Maybe she should have just let her give away the hiding spot when Claud was around.

After a few minutes, Daphne groaned and grumbled, "My feet hurt!!"

"You can sit on the ground to rest your feet."