Chapter 47

"Aeliana, please redo the spell once more," Henri said.

Aeliana and Henri were outside, practising the control of her mana and spells. She had been doing this exercise with him for a couple of months but she wasn't used to it at all yet. She grew tired easily after a couple of rounds of chanting and casting spells.

"Sir...I'm tired.." she murmured, wiping her sweat away.

Henri nodded, "I know and it is because every time you cast a spell, you are unconsciously putting more mana into it than needed which is causing you to grow exhausted quicker. This is why I am asking you to redo the spell one more time before we stop for today."

Aeliana pouted, "But isn't it dangerous if I overuse my mana?"

Henri chuckled, "I'm very happy you still remember our lessons from a while ago. Yes, it is dangerous but I can sense if you are overusing your mana and at the moment you aren't so we can do one more."

She sighed, giving up on trying to convince her teacher to end the lesson early. She steadied herself, her posture straight and upright. She fluttered her eyes closed and slowly muttered a soft chant,

"tfka zljb cloqe."

A magic circle encrypted in another language shined in front of her outstretched hand. It glowed dimly before a gentle breeze circled around her. Her hair fluttered into the breeze, swaying softly before everything fell silent.

Henri had a focused expression on his face as he nodded.

"Alright, that was better than the previous attempts." he smiled, eyes curling into crescents as he added, "We shall end our lesson here. Do not forget to circulate your mana through your body every day to get used to it alright?"

Aeliana heaved out a sigh and nodded, "Yes Sir Henri, thank you for today's lesson."

"Eli,"

Aeliana turned her head to the right as she heard someone calling her name. She smiled brightly, running over.

"Daddy!" she jumped into his arms, hugging him tightly.

Cassian laughed whole-heartedly as he spun her around in his arms before smoothing out her messy hair. He turned to Henri who bowed in greeting.

"I see you have been teaching her well, Henri."

"Of course my lord, she's an amazing pupil to teach."

Cassian chuckled, "She has a wonderful teacher after all. Well, I won't keep you hold up now. Take good care of yourself."

"Thank you, my lord."

As Henri left the duchy, Cassian carried Aeliana all the way to the garden. The sunshine wasn't strong but visible, adding shadows to the warm garden. The flowers were blooming once again after the harsh cold winter days, lightening up the duchy.

"How was your trip to Cerdia?" Aeliana asked as her father gently placed her back on the ground and held her hand instead.

They walked around the garden in contentment, the warm rays of the sun filling the cold parts of their body.

Cassian looked over at her and answered, "It was good but I was worried you and the boys would miss me too much."

"I think you miss us more instead." she joked causing erupts of laughter.

The two continued chatting and walking around the garden, informing each other about what they had missed out during the times apart.

"I'm getting better at roller skating now, I can even come to a stop using the rubber stoppers without falling."