Chapter 34

It had been a few days since Marius and Darius' birthday party. Today was the fourth day into the week and the Alston family was preparing to head out. It was time to check the mana at the temple.

The twins have been fairly excited about finding out their type of mana so they have been very eager and impatient.

"Dad hurry up!! Let's go now so we can reach the temple quickly!" Marius yelled from inside the carriage.

"Yeah dad hurry please!"

Cassian chuckled, "Alright, alright, I'm coming but we still need to wait for your other siblings."

Aeliana walked out of the house, beads of sweat forming on her forehead as the sun glared from above.

'God this sun is about to cook me.' she thought to herself as she wiped the sweat away.

A shadow fell upon her causing her to look up and find a parasol raised above her head.

"You might faint from the heat." a young male voice spoke.

"Oh brother, thank you for the parasol."

Claud smiled and shook his head, "This is nothing. Flora had been holding it from before, I just helped her get it to you."

Aeliana lightly laughed, "Still, thank you brother."

She had been getting along with Claud slowly after he had apologised to her, and even though they both knew she hadn't forgiven him, she could see he was really trying. It's still quite unusual for him to be like this now, she was quite happy with how things are progressing.

"Brother Claud! Aeliana! Hurryyy!!! Darius and I want to go now!" Marius yelled.

"What about brother?" Claud muttered, glancing around.

"Leon said he wants to study and that we can go without him," Cassian answered.

"Oh, alright. Aeliana let's go in."

"Okay brother."

Claud and Aeliana got into another carriage together with Flora while Cassian headed into the carriage with the twins. The two carriages headed off, leaving the duchy and to the temple.

'Daddy said it will take around three hours' Aeliana thought as she glanced out the window.

Flora was knitting to pass the time in the carriage whilst Claud read a book about music. She brought her attention back to the scenery before getting bored of it not long later. She slumped back down into her seat and yawned.

'I should have brought something to play or do'

"Are you tired?" she heard Claud speaking to her.

With her eyes barely open, she sluggishly nodded. Since she had nothing to do, she began to feel drowsy. As she was about to fall asleep, her head was lightly pushed and pressed against a shoulder.

She knew it was Claud's but before she could say anything, she fell asleep only waking up once they reached the temple.

The temple was placed on a high hill and it spans wide across. Aeliana rubbed her eyes and gazed at the temple. It stood tall and slightly intimidating in her opinion. A statue from the corner of her eye caught her attention.

It was in the middle of the temple. The statue was a female with long wavy hair and dressed in a robe. Her eyes were closed and held a praying pose with her hands clasped together.

There was no name written below the statue so Aeliana could only assume it was the goddess that this world prayed to.

"Duke Alston, welcome to the temple." an old man spoke slowly walking over with two other priests walking beside him.