Chapter 42

Aeliana was lying on her bed, flipping through her book when Flora came into her room with a letter in hand. She sat upright and opened the envelope, reading the letter's contents before a smile formed on her lips. She turned to Flora and happily said;

"Daphne invited me to the Empire palace!"

The first time Daphne had invited Aeliana was a few weeks after they met at the Church but before that, they had been writing letters to one another. Aeliana had asked if she could invite her other friend to come along which was granted so she brought Violetta and all three of them hit it off, becoming friends ever since then.

Aeliana got up from her bed and wrote back to her, accepting the invite and hurriedly went to her father's office to inform him. Cassian smiled as he attentively listened to her before nodding,

"Alright, but I won't be able to come with you this time. Is it alright if you go with one of your brothers?"

Aeliana nodded, "Okay Daddy, Daphne told me she will ask a royal magician to bring us over and send us back."

"I can go with you," Leon's voice was suddenly heard from behind.

"Oh brother, is it alright for you to come?"

"Of course."

"That would be great if you could Leon." their father smiled and nodded, "Then it's settled, you and Leon will go together alright?"

"Okay!"

A week passed by and Aeliana was dressed in a mint green dress. The dress had two colours; the lower part of the skirt was mint green and the upper part was another skirt garment in light pink, creating a cute yet fresh look. Her blouse was white and slightly puffy, pulling the whole look together.

"Hello Lady Aeliana," a man in a white cape with gold detailing on the cape bowed and smiled at her.

"Hello Sir Jacob, so you're the one bringing us to the palace again?"

Jacob smiled and nodded, "Yes, I will be bringing you and your brother back as well."

Aeliana nodded, "Thank you."

"Aeliana are you ready?" Leon asked as he walked towards her.

"I am brother, let's go now?"

He nodded and turned to Jacob, "We are ready to leave."

Jacob bowed, "Then pardon me, Lord Leon."

Jacob held onto Leon's shoulder and carried Aeliana in his arms before chanting a spell. A ring of light surrounded them before it entirely engulfed them. When Aeliana fluttered her eyes open, she was standing in front of the Empire palace.

Jacob released his hold on Leon and carried Aeliana down. He heaved out a quiet sigh before smiling,

"We have arrived. When you are ready to leave, please do inform me and I will bring you back to the Dukedom."

"Okay, thank you for bringing us Sir Jacob!"

Leon nodded, "Do get some rest as you have used a significant amount of mana."

Jacob bowed and walked away. Leon turned to Aeliana and extended his hand out, "Shall we go in?"

Before Aeliana could speak, she heard a loud voice coming towards her and her brother.

"Aeliana!!"

She turned in the direction of the sound and brightly said; "Daphne!!"

Daphne hurriedly dashed over and pulled Aeliana into a hug, exclaiming; "I haven't seen you in so long!! How have you been? How did the mana check go?"