Chapter 41

Aeliana wore a white frilled, long-sleeved shirt and a light maroon jumper skirt. Her hair had grown out the past two years and was now close to her waist. She stared at her hair before making a reminder in her head to inform Flora to trim her hair up until just below her shoulders.

Ever since she had short hair, long hair became quite heavy for her, so she would often trim it until it was a suitable length where it did not burden her head.

"Aeliana! Are you done?" she heard one of her brothers calling for her.

"Oh! Yes, give me a second!!"

Today was the day she was going to get her mana checked. Nervousness and excitement bubbled inside Aeliana from the thought of it. She quickly slipped into her shoes and left her room, running down in the process.

Just as she walked down the last step of the staircase, she tripped on air, losing her footing. Before her face hit the ground, she was caught by Leon who just sighed and shook his head.

"You know it's dangerous to run down the stairs, don't you?"

"Sorry brother," she sheepishly laughed, scratching her nape.

He shook his head once more before pinching her cheeks, "Come on, you're late already. Father is waiting for you inside the carriage."

"Is it only Daddy following me?"

"I'm coming along. Claud has violin lessons and the twins have swordsmanship lessons right now so they can't come."

"Oh, okay then let's hurry brother."

"We wouldn't need to hurry if you were faster."

"Brother! Stop poking at me."

Leon chuckled and carried her up in his arms, "Okay okay, let's go get your mana check."

Aeliana sat beside Leon and opposite her father. It took around the same amount of time to get to the temple. Once they reached, it was the same process as the previous time she went with her twin brothers.

"Now just reach out towards the crystal ball and it will show your mana." the Bishop gently said, gesturing to her.

Aeliana stared at the crystal ball. She had been wondering what was her mana and now she was about to find out, nervousness bubbled up even more. She was scared. What if she didn't get the type of mana she wanted? Or worse she didn't even have any mana in her body?

Fear continued growing inside of her and the Bishop noticed her stiff posture.

"Don't worry, nothing bad will happen. Just lightly touch it. You don't need to keep your hand on it if you're scared."

Aeliana glanced up at him before nodding. She can't back out either. She took a deep breath and extended her right hand out, placing her hand on top of the crystal ball. The ball glowed and shimmered before greenish-blue mixed with white appeared. The colours were saturated and shone semi-bright.

The Bishop gasped, his eyes almost popping out of his eye sockets once he saw the mixture of colours. He nearly stumbled back as he said in a surprised tone;

"You..you have two types of mana!"

Aeliana blinked, not registering his words until a few seconds later, "What?"

"What!?" Cassian and Leon exclaimed in shock.

The Bishop glanced at the crystal ball multiple times before wiping his sweat away.

"Yes...this is not a lie. Your daughter has two types of mana. She has light and common magic in her and has a slightly above-average amount of mana. This is something that must be celebrated!"