Chapter 44

Aeliana didn't think she would suddenly have a problem when she reached the age of six. She was standing in the middle of the room, awkwardly staring at Silvius dumbfounded as he glared at her before looking away.

A few hours before this incident, Aeliana was heading to her etiquette classes as usual. Just as she reached, she noticed Silvius was there as well.

"Ah Aeliana, there you are," Madam spoke turning to her.

"I'm truly sorry but I am unable to begin class today. Something happened last minute and I was just informed about it so I must hurry."

Aeliana nodded and smiled, understanding the situation. "It's alright Madam, it must be essential so do not worry—"

"Oh! I know, why don't you and Silvius practice ballroom dances today instead? You both will be able to get used to dancing with the opposite gender then." Madam clasped her hands together, nodding proudly.

"Um—"

"Oh, I'm so sorry dear, I must hurry now!" Madam turned to Silvius and pointed at him; "Don't slack off when I'm not here alright Silvius?"

"...Yes mother.."

As she left, silence filled the room so Aeliana decided to break it. She turned to him and let out a small laugh, "Haha I guess we have to warm up now before we dance right?"

Silvius glared at her and coldly spoke; "Whatever but don't slow me down."

Aeliana; "..."

She did not expect this kind of reaction from him!

"..Oh uh okay.."

Silvius looked away and walked to the piano, touching the magic stone that sat on top of it. It shimmered slightly before the music began to play. He stood in front of her and held his hand out.

She could feel a drop of sweat rolling down her back. She suddenly did not want to dance with this boy at all!

He clicked his tongue and frowned, "Are you not going to dance or what?"

"..Yes yes.."

The music flowed throughout the room as they both danced, following the rhythm of the piano.

"You're terrible at dancing." Silvius suddenly spoke once the first song came to an end.

Aeliana sheepishly smiled and rubbed the tip of her nose, "Yeah...I'm not a good dancer."

"I can tell." he bluntly replied and sighed, shaking his head, "Your footwork needs to be better. You almost stepped on my foot and your arms are so stiff that you look like a broken doll."

'...I really want to kick this dude..!'

Aeliana immediately shook those thoughts away. No, she had to be more mature than him after all she lived two extra lives.

"And you're kinda short so it's hard to dance with you. Do you not drink milk at all? You're going to stay short forever then."

"..."

***

Violetta was patting Aeliana on the back as she was slumped over on the sofa, her head buried in her palms as she heaved a loud sigh.

"I wish I could have...I don't know! Retort at him and say that he wasn't that good at dancing either..!"

Violetta nodded, supporting her; "Yeah! You should fight back and show you aren't someone to mess with!"

Aeliana looked at her before sighing once more; "...He's actually really good at dancing.."

Violetta deflated for a second before lifting up her spirits; "Oh...well we can find something else to say back at him!"