Chapter 13

Aeliana sat in the same carriage as her father and Leon while Claud and the twins were in another carriage. She was seated beside the window so she was able to look outside easier. The carriage ride was bumpy but manageable. Lushes trees fleetingly pass by as the carriage moved.

Aeliana had seen this view a couple of times previously so she wasn't invested in the outside scenery and stayed put silently. She could hear her father and Leon chatting but she didn't pay attention since it was about the academy.

Every autumn, the academy would open for new students to begin their academics. The earliest a student is allowed to enrol on the academy is when they are at the age of twelve.

Aeliana had heard them say the name of the academy. Leon was enrolling in Luderth Academy. Luderth Academy is the top number one academy in both the empire and world. The academy only allowed those within the top 100 to enrol in their academy. It was basically tough to get in.

Leon was soon to take the test that is during the second month of summer so he had been preparing himself for the test. Aeliana covered her mouth as a yawn escaped. She had eight years before she needed to worry about the academy and she wasn't concerned for Leon either since she knew her brother would definitely get accepted.

Why was she so confident? Because she knew how smart her brother was. In her second life, Leon had many achievements under his name and was always the top student in every year.

By the time her father and brother ended their conversation, they reached the town. The carriage stopped close to the centre of the town and with the help of her father, Aeliana got out of the carriage.

Claud, Marius and Darius also got out of the carriage behind them. Cassian glanced at his watch before turning to his coachmen,

"You can come back in a few hours."

"Yes, Your Grace." the coachmen bowed their heads before leaving.

"What do you all want to do?" Cassian asked his children with a warm smile.

"Let's go to the toy store!!" Marius exclaimed, raising his hand as high as he could.

Darius nodded in agreement. Leon glanced around before answering in a calm tone,

"I would like to go to the bookstore. I need more books for my studies."

"Dad, I want some food!" Claud said in the same tone as Marius.

Aeliana was busy looking around so she didn't reply to Cassian's question. She noticed a playground not far from where they were. There were children around her age laughing and having fun.

"Eli?" Cassian called out to her.

"Huh?"

"I asked what would you like to do?"

"Oh," Aeliana looked back at the playground before answering, "I want to play over there."

Cassian gazed at where she had been looking before nodding, "Alright, how about this? First, we stop by the bookstore for Leon then head to the toy store for Marius and Darius then buy some food for Claud and then lastly we go to the playground?"

"I can go to the bookstore myself." Leon voiced out.

"I can follow brother Leon first then buy some food," Claud added.

Cassian looked at his two older sons and worriedly replied, "Are you sure?"

Claud swung his arm around Leon and grinned widely, "Yup! Don't worry about us dad, we can handle ourselves!"

Cassian hesitated before nodding, putting his trust in his two sons.

"Alright, then we will meet back here. Be careful and both of you must stay together at all times."