Chapter 19

Aeliana was lightly swinging her legs as she waited for their breakfast to be placed on the table. This time she was seated with her father on her right side while Darius was on her left.

When the breakfast was placed, Cassian spoke up, gaining everyone's attention.

"I'm sure you all know that it is soon the twins' birthday," he began.

Aeliana who had taken a bite out of her breakfast nodded at her father's words. She had forgotten all about that. It was now transitioning from spring to summer season. Marius and Darius' birthday is around the third month of summer, close to the time it turns to fall.

Cassian turned to the twins and smiled warmly, "What would you two like for your birthday?"

Marius' eyes brighten and he immediately rose up from his seat, "Are we gonna have a big party!?"

Darius poked Marius from the side and muttered, "Marius, sit down."

"If you and Darius want a big party, I can make it happen." Cassian responded happily.

Marius nodded furiously, extremely excited although his birthday was still far away by two months,

"Let's have a big party!!"

"I don't want a big party."

Darius voiced out with a frown resting between his brows. Marius looked at his twin and frowned,

"Why not? We always had one—"

"Yes, that is why I don't want one this time."

"But this is our sixth birthday! It's also the year we find out what is our mana—"

"Sorry Marius but you can have a big party for yourself."

The table grew silent after Darius' words. Marius looked furious yet hurt was plastered over his face whereas Darius had an uncomfortable expression on his face.

"..Let's stop this conversation for now, we still have plenty of time to discuss about this." Cassian said, hoping to ease the sullen mood.

Breakfast ended on a rocky note. Aeliana was sitting on her bed, fiddling with her teddy bear as she got lost in her thoughts. She couldn't recall properly as it had been years but Darius had never voiced out about not wanting a big birthday party. Every year they would have a big one inviting every noble and aristocrat.

Though once their father had passed away and Leon became the head of the dukedom, parties became less frequent and more often just a simple wish instead. That was all Aeliana could remember from her second life since she never left the room, only hearing the sounds from her room.

She pressed the bear's paws; she was worried about her brothers and decided to visit them separately later.

Another thing that was on her mind were Marius' words. They were going to the temple to check on their mana and the type of magic they have.

'I have never been to the temple before so I never got my mana checked or anything..' Aeliana thought to herself.

She wondered if there would be a sort of feeling that will be felt when the temple checks the mana.

"Maybe I'll ask dad to bring me along when they go."

As Aeliana continued pondering and getting lost in her own thoughts, there was a knock on the door before Flora came in.

"My lady, it is almost time for your lessons."

"Oh right! Coming Flora!"

Aeliana snapped out of her thoughts and got down from her bed, running over to Flora to get ready for her usual lessons.

After her lessons, Aeliana decided to look for Marius, wanting to see how he was doing since breakfast was over. She headed over to the training area and found Marius swinging his wooden sword. She noticed the sweat all over him, showing how hard-working and focused he had been.

When he stopped swinging his sword and headed to the bench to take a break, Aeliana finally approached him.

"Brother Marius," she called out as she walked over to him, and sat on the bench.

He slightly jumped, not expecting her to come all the way here to see him. He swiftly returned to his usual self and rolled his eyes.

"What do you want?" he asked.

Aeliana stared at him for a few seconds before shaking her head, "Nothing, I only wanted to check on how you were doing."

Hearing her words, Marius' expression soften for a split second before he scoffed and looked away.

"If it is about today's breakfast, don't bother. I don't need to be checked on for something like that."

She nodded before adding on, "Have you talked to brother already?"

Marius stiffen at her words implying about Darius before awkwardly laughing it off.

"Wh—what are you saying haha! I obviously spoke to Darius even though I'm still mad about breakfast haha!"

Aeliana raised an eyebrow at her ridiculous brother and in which he responded back by glancing away. She knew he wasn't okay after the incident but she didn't want to pester him too much about it and decided to visit Darius next instead.

She let out a soft sigh before getting up from the bench. She turned to Marius and smiled. She knew this was none of her business but the small commotion from breakfast reminded her of the small fights her siblings had previously which often was solved by her intervening.

"Brother," she first called out, gaining his attention.

She extended her hand out and softly patted him on the head, "Everything will be okay."

Marius blankly stared at her even as she walked away after saying goodbye to him. He only snapped out of it once she had gone from sight. He brought his eyes down to the ground before covering his face, heaving out a loud sigh.

'What kind of older brother lets their baby sister pat their head!?' Marius thought to himself, his brows furrowed together before slamming his head against the bench.

Wanting to brush the embarrassment off, he grabbed his wooden sword and continued training once again. He couldn't sit still or else he would remember about that embarrassing moment.

'This is why I hate her!!!'