💗 Sodo x Rain - Sick day

Third person pov:

It was a normal day at the ministry. Everyone was up and sitting at the table to eat breakfast, before everyone would go separate ways to do their tasks for the day. And everyone meant everyone except for one person. Sodo was still not there. "Did you two drink again last night?" Cumulus asked with an annoyed expression, looking at Swiss, who immediately hold up his hands as if he was surrendering. "No, I don't know what he is doing. Maybe someone should check up on him though?" he replied, looking over to Rain, who sighed. "Yeah sure, will do. Can you put some breakfast on a plate for him? I will take it to his room" Rain explained, and Cirrus was quick to do so.

Meanwhile Rain stood up and got Sodo's favorite drink from the kitchen. He didn't know what was up with Sodo, but it wasn't normal for him to not show up to breakfast what worried Rain a little. He walked back to the table where he saw a plate full of the different food they had on the table. "Thank you Cirrus" he smiled, earning a little smile back from the ghoulette. He picked up Sodo's plate and walked with the food and drink to his room. He gently knocked, and got even more worried when he didn't get an answer. "Sodo?" he called out, but still, there was nothing. 

Without another thought Rain opened the door. Normally Rain was the ghoul who respected privacy the most, but since Sodo was his boyfriend and he was worried about him, he didn't really care about it and just walked in. He tried to be quiet, and as he entered the room he noticed how the curtains were still closed and Sodo was still huddled up underneath his blanket. It seemed like he was still asleep. Rain sighed in relief and set down the stuff on a cabinet. He quietly walked over to the bed after he had closed the door to check after Sodo. He gently stroked the smaller one's arm in an attempt to carefully wake him up. 

Sodo stirred a little in his sleep, before he turned around and looked at Rain with sleepy eyes. He purred a little at the touch, and closed his eyes again. "Are you okay Sodo? Why are you still sleeping?" the younger one asked, sitting down on the edge of the bed. Only now he realized how Sodo was sniffling a little, and as he noticed, he placed a hand on his forehead only to immediately pull it back. "Oh Sodo, you're ill aren't you?" Rain cooed, combing his fingers through the blonde, silky hair. "You should go back to the others, I don't want you to get sick as well" Sodo mumbled, keeping his eyes closed as he moved his head so it was laying on his boyfriend's lap. "It's okay, I'll be fine. I brought you some food, you want to have some?" the water ghoul replied, whereupon the fire ghoul opened his eyes.

He was half asleep and totally sick, and just stared at the plate he spotted on his dresser. He didn't really felt like eating. Rain smiled down to him and gently moved his head away so he could stand up. "Here, I also brought you your favorite drink. You don't need to finish it all, just try to eat some of it" he explained, and Sodo nodded. The taller ghoul got into the bed behind Sodo and started to stroke his side as the other started to eat. "Thank you Rain..." Sodo mumbled, earning a warm smile from his partner. "Don't worry about it, I love you, my little ember" he purred, making Sodo blush a little.

Sodo did as Rain told him and tried to eat as much from the breakfast as he could. It was delicious, but after a while his body simply wouldn't allow him to eat more or he would throw up, so he decided to just place the food on his bedside table instead. He turned around and snuggled his head into rains chest, wrapping his arms around his waist. Rain smiled down to him, hugging him back. "I'm proud of you Dew" he whispered, placing a soft kiss on the smaller's forehead. Dewdrop just purred in response, snuggling closer to the younger one. He was still extremely tired and hoped to just get some more sleep in an attempt to feel better anytime soon.

<><><><><><><><><><>

(747 words)

Not prove read, not long, not really good if I should be honest, but it's a oneshot lmao. It's the first one I've ever written for them, but trust me, there are better ones on the way :')

(Also, Raindrop my beloved, I love this ship sm you wouldn't believe me)

- Luma