Jungkook let out a sob of relief that turned into a choked cry. "Help… please… bleeding…" he stammered, his voice barely a whisper.

"Okay, calm down, honey," the voice on the other end soothed. "What's happening? Where are you?"

Jungkook, fueled by a surge of hope, managed to sputter out his dorm location ."It's the baby… I'm bleeding… please come quickly!"

"Alright, help is on its way. Stay calm, honey. Just stay where you are," the voice instructed.

Jungkook hung up the phone, his body shaking uncontrollably. He slumped against the refrigerator, burying his face in his arms, the fear slowly abating as a flicker of hope returned. Help was coming, someone would be there soon.

As he waited, exhaustion began to overcome him. The sobs subsided into ragged breaths, and his eyelids drooped heavily. He curled up on the cold kitchen floor, seeking solace in the fleeting sense of security it offered and finally passed out there.

_____

Taehyung and Jimin exited the exam hall, a sense of accomplishment washing over them. They'd both aced their exams, and the prospect of returning to the dorm and finding Jungkook, their resident ray of sunshine, filled them with anticipation.

As they approached the car, Taehyung's phone buzzed with an incoming call. He glanced at the screen, the unfamiliar number making him furrow his brow. He answered it with a hesitant, "Hello?"

A calm, yet urgent voice greeted him. "Mr. Kim? This is Sarah from The Genesis clinic. We have a patient, Jeon Jungkook, here. He… he seems to have suffered internal bleeding and was experiencing signs of a panic attack when we arrived. We saw your number on his recently dialed list, so we called to inform."

The world seemed to tilt on its axis. The colour drained from Taehyung's face, replaced by a chilling dread. "Jungkook? Bleeding? What happened?" he stammered, his voice barely a whisper.

Sarah's voice held a touch of sympathy. "I'm afraid I can't discuss details over the phone, Mr. Kim. However, it is urgent that you and someone else close to Mr. Jeon come to the clinic as soon as possible."

Before Taehyung could even respond, the call ended. The phone slipped from his numb fingers, clattering to the ground. Panic clawed at his throat, a suffocating tightness constricting his chest.

Jimin, noticing his friend's sudden pallor, rushed to his side. "Taehyung, what's wrong? Who called? What Jungkook...blood? Tell me Tae!!!"

Taehyung couldn't speak. He simply pointed a trembling finger at the phone lying on the asphalt. Jimin's gaze followed, and when he understood the situation, his own face contorted in horror.

"The clinic? Jungkook?" he gasped, his voice hoarse with disbelief.

Tears welled up in Taehyung's eyes, blurring his vision. He grabbed Jimin's arm, his grip tight enough to leave white indentations on the younger boy's skin. "We need to get to him… now!"

They scrambled into the car, neither needing any further explanation. The drive to the clinic was a blur, a desperate race against time fuelled by silent prayers. Every passing second felt like an eternity, each bump in the road a jolt to their already frayed nerves.

When they finally reached the clinic, they burst through the doors, their frantic energy drawing the attention of the receptionist.

"Jeon Jungkook!" Taehyung barked, his voice thick with urgency.

The receptionist, a kindly woman with worry etched on her face, led them to a waiting room. There, they found a doctor, her white coat seemingly a stark contrast to the storm raging within them.