Chapter 19

Violet

Roman has been gone since 2am and might only be home tomorrow, Alice says he's working in Miami and should be home soon. I'm sitting on the black leather sofa in Romans living room reading a fantasy book about a human girl who accidentally killed a wolf and ended up bringing an entire faerie kingdom to their knees, it's raining outside and I'm secretly hoping it starts thundering. I have a small cheese board next to me with some olives, crackers and Brie. I can't remember when last I've been so content. I hear Alice and Victor walk through the front door,  I pop an olive into my mouth and I raise my eyes to look at them, but when I do, I see two men standing in the living room. The one has blonde hair and black eyes, the taller one has black hair and blue eyes and is smiling manically. They are both dressed in black and carrying handguns, without hesitation they move towards me and my brain doesn't seem to function, I can't process what's happening right now.

I scramble off the sofa as my kindle and cheese board go flying onto the beautiful Persian rug. My feet slip as I run towards the hallway but I feel a hand wrap around my bicep and hold me in place, I scream and buck like a wild animal while trying to break free from the intruders hold. Blood is brushing in my ears and my breathing turns to heaving, "LET ME GOOO!!!" I scream at the top of my lungs while scratching and slapping at the blonde man's face. I feel a hard knock at the side of my head and my vision instantly starts sprouting white dots at the rims of my eyes "Shut the fuck up" the taller dark haired man says, he cocks his gun and holds it to the centre of my forehead as he says slowly "you're going to come with us, you're going to cooperate, and you're going to keep that fucking mouth closed."
He says as he pushes the gun harder against my skull. I shut my eyes as tightly as I can while my lips pull into a thin line. I feel a bag being pulled over my head and i'm hauled up over someone's shoulder before I feel another hard blow to my head before my eyes close.

I slowly open my eyes and realize the bag is still over my head, fuck my head is killing me. I try to lift my arms but soon come to the conclusion that my hands are restrained behind the back of a chair and my legs are chained to the floorboards. I rattle my arms to get them loose but it's no use, the restrains are too tight, I feel them cutting into my wrists and I close my eyes to calm myself. How long have I been here? "Ahh, you're awake. Finally." I hear a voice say, but the voice sounds.. automated, robot like. The bag is ripped off of my head and I see the two men who took me standing infront of me, and in between them stands another man, dressed in all back with a purge mask on his face. What the fuck? "You've been knocked out for about sixteen hours." The man in the mask says in that robotic voice. He walks closer to me and wraps his hand around my throat, he pushes my head against the back of the chair and squeezes until my vision starts to blur "You're going to die today, Violet." he releases me and I cough, wheezing to inhale precious air. "What do you want from me?" I say through my vigorous pants. "I want your life." The man says plainly, my brows knit and I try and loosen my wrists but I feel the blood dripping from my index finger. "Let. Me. Go." I say through gritted teeth. "Or what?" The robotic voice chuckles, and I stare at him and I haven't felt rage like this before, my chest is heaving and my head is swimming. I don't know why I feel like I could kill him, how dare he take me from my home, well, Romans home.. and think I would just let him?

The man in the mask stalks towards me and I still, he gets on his haunches and runs a finger down my face, I jerk my chin away and spit at him. He rises to his feet and the next thing that rises is his hand, he brings it down onto my face and the sound of the impact bounces off the walls. I taste copper in my mouth and I feel blood trickling down my nose, I look up at him and spit my blood filled mouth at him, again. "You think you're tough shit?" The man says, there's a tinge of anger in his robotic voice and I mentally prepare myself for the worst. The man pulls out a switchblade from his pocket and flings it open, my stomach drops and I can feel bile building at the back of my throat. He presses the knife to my throat and digs it in slightly, it's enough pressure to let a bead of blood break through the skin and trickle down my neck. "You will die today, Violet, and I'm going to enjoy it. I'm going to enjoy seeing the life leave your eyes" just as the words leave his mouth, the window on the right hand side shatters and the dark haired man drops down to the floor, dead. Next, the blonde haired man is falling to his knees like a domino effect.