Chapter 15

Violet

I climb into a black SUV and Victor climbs into the drivers seat. I buckle myself in and we pull out of the drive way and we head into town. "Try not to worry about Mr Waters, I've been with him a long time and he cares for us dearly" He says with a nod and a smile. I look at him through the mirror and say "His way of caring is very strange." Victor laughs. "Indeed ma'am." He takes a right onto the main highway that leads to the mainstream stores. I think for a moment, if he's going to make my life difficult, I'm going to make his difficult. "Here." I point to the store I'd like to go into. Victor pulls into a parking and he climbs out of the vehicle to open the door for me, I climb out and head into the Gucci store. Victory follows me and I look back at him and say "Oh it's alright Victor, I can go in by myself." He stills and says "Mr Waters says I'm to accompany you." I laugh and say "Well Mr Waters isn't here." I walk in and Victor denies my request and follows me into the store. I'm in a silly mood so I decide to fill my arms with clothing, underwear and shoes. I skim around the store and decide to get a couple of bags too. I head to checkout and the cashier rings up all the items and says "That would be $53,000" I smile and hand her the card. Victor carries my bags to the car and puts them in the trunk.

Our next stop is Dior, I decide to pick up some makeup and more clothing, he said I would be with them for a while so I pile just as much into my arms as I did in the Gucci store. I thought about going home, or staying with Davina, but I would hate to put her at risk or put myself in a situation that I have no idea about. Did he mean it when he said someone deliberately ran me off the road? Is someone trying to kill me? I shake the thought from my head as I reach the checkout counter and hand the blonde woman my items, she scans the them before saying "$42,000 honey" I smile and hand her the card.