Chapter 16

Roman

I wrap my towel around me after my shower and I walk into the bedroom and hear my cellphone ring, I unplug it from its charger and look at it to see it's an unsaved number, I answer "Hello?" In a flat tone. "Hi, is this Mr Waters? This is Emily from the American Fraud Bureau." I knit my brows in confusion, I pull the phone away from my ear to look at the number. "What is this about?" I argue. "We have received notifications from recent transactions at local Gucci and Dior stores for $95,000, are we to clear this request?" I let out a laugh and I run my hand through my hair. Violet. "Yes, it's my girlfriend, clear the amount please." I say to the consultant. "Yes sir, enjoy your day." She says before the phone hangs up. This woman, this fucking woman, my girl, my pretty girl. She deserves the world, she could max my card out and I would say thank you. I first saw Violet while out on a ride on my motorcycle, I saw her carrying boxes into her house and how her hair fell over her shoulder, how she laughed and what she wore. I still remember what she wore, jean shorts and a baby blue long sleeve shirt, her hair was undone, and she had the saddest eyes I have ever seen. She looked happy, but I felt that she wasn't. I basically imprinted, I knew then and there that we where endgame, so I started making moves. I wanted you to heal her, I wanted to protect her, i wanted to see her truly happy, and my God if she was this exquisite as she is now, how earth shattering she would be when she became whole.

I'm working tonight, have an assignment worth 7.10M. The target is Prince Volkov, his uncle pays well and is a two headed snake, unfortunately for him. Alice and Victor are aware I will be gone this evening and they have everything arranged for Violet and will explain my absence. I pull my motorcycle up to a hotel on the West side of New Orleans, It's about noon so I decide to park underground and head up to the top floor through the staff entrances, make my way down the empty hallway with a face that is the image of stone, i keep my breaths steady and walk lightly. I walk through the door of an empty suite on the 12th floor and walk towards the window. I look through it, and right across the street is my sitting duck. He is doing an interview for the international news, too bad the whole world is about to witness his brains splattered all over the wall. I have a clear shot through the window so I get into position, load my Mk21 sniper rifle and steady my aim. I inhale deeply before I pull the trigger, as soon as the bullet pierces his right temple I exhale and get to my feet and begin exiting the building.

I walk into the dining room of my house and I see Violet sitting at the table, Alice sits with her and they both have tea and cookies in front of them. She's smiling and writing something down in a black leather bound notebook, I hear Alice say "1 cup of flour and 2 eggs..but it has to be exactly 2 eggs sweetheart.." i walk in and I look at them for a second. "Oh, Mr Waters! Alice says while rising to her feet. How was your ride?" I meet Alice's honey eyes and slightly nod in appreciation, hoping she understands. "It was very smooth, thank you." I say in return, "What's happening with you pretty girl?" I look over and say to Violet with a smirk. "Alice is helping me with a cook book, I dreamed of steak and shrimp that night." She laughs, and my heart is melting. She's comfortable, she seems happy, she's well taken care of and she's safe. "That's nice baby" I say while looking down at Violet while I rub my thumb over her lower lip. "That will be all Alice, thank you." I say maintaining eye contact with Violet, Alice smiles sweetly and nods, she walks out of the dining room and towards her quarters. "I missed you." I confess to Violet while I move her dark hair out of her face. "You were gone for about 6 hours." A small smile tugs on my lips as I lean down to kiss her gently, I inhale deeply as she lets out a small moan and I can't help but do the same, I pick her up off of the chair and I sit her down on the table, I trail my hands from her waist down to her thighs. "