Chapter 9

Violet

I walk with Davina through the upper floor of a local fancy dress store. The Church Ball is tonight, Davina has had her gown picked out for two weeks, me however, I left it for the last minute. She makes me try on a puffy baby pink dress with tulle sleeves and layers of lace on the separated ruffles. "It looks... nice" she says with an unsure tone. I look up at her and I cross my arms and frown "Vina I look like I'm about to be christened" Davina laughs and nods. "Yeah you look like a gumdrop babe" I unzip the side of the gown and pull my arms out of the scratchy sleeves. I let the dress fall to the floor before I step out of it and I grab an emerald green dress off of the nearby rack and start pulling in on. I haven't told her about the man who came into my bedroom and bound me and made me come. I think back to seeing his crystal eyes in between my legs and how his lips were still wet with my juices when he grabbed my face. He came into my bedroom and defiled me, yet I came. I knew I shouldn't have, but my body was full of electricity, my nerves were on fire and my morals were ripped from me, root and stem.

We find a dress and a matching mask, I pay at the counter and we head back to my car. "We're gonna have SO much fun tonight" she squeals. Yeah, the last time we had SO much fun we walked out of a burning building. "Yeah, I'm sure we will" I say as I start the engine. We drive for a few minutes and my phone rings, Tyson's name pops up and the call connects through the Bluetooth speaker, cutting off 'Popular by the Weeknd.' I answer the call "Heyyy Ty, how are you" I say as I turn on my blinker to turn right. "I'm good Kiddo, how about you? Haven't spoken to you lately" he says. "Yeah, sorry, Davina has been keeping me busy" I look over at her and smile. "Hiiiii Tyson, she coos. When are you coming to see me? I have a new bed spread, I'd like to show it to you" I elbow her as we both laugh. Tyson sighs before saying "Hello Devina, still in the same spirts as I remember, how are you not pregnant by now, it's a miracle." Davina rolls her eyes and sits back in her seat.

"I'm just calling to check in, I'm glad you're keeping yourself busy with Ms community bicycle" Tyson says, Davina's jaw drops and says "fuck you, Tyson, you've always been an asshole." I laugh and say "Yeah we're going to a Church Ball tonight, they're raising funds for renovations, I just picked up my gown." I say with a smile. "That's nice Vi, I'm happy you're having a good time. I just wanted to let you know that I'll be in Cuba for a few weeks, I have to review some papers and approve a few contracts. I also have a new job lined up there, it's a really good promotion." Tyson beams. "That's great! Yeah it's a good opportunity and if it makes you happy, then I'm happy." I say. "I gotta go Ty, I need to get ready for tonight, but I love you, and I'm so proud of you." I hang up the phone and the car falls quiet. "What is it?" I say to Davina. "Have you told your brother about the guy on the motorcycle?" She asks meekly. "No, you know how he is. He'd freak and pack my whole house up himself and move me back to Miami, I don't wanna do that. I'm fine, I'm safe, and I'm happy to be close to you." I say with a small smile as I reach for her hand and squeeze it gently.

I walk into my house and hang my gown on my closet door handle. I tie my hair up into a messy bun and unbutton my jeans and slip on an oversized t-shirt. I stroll to the kitchen with my kindle and my cellphone in my hand as I turn the kettle on to make myself some tea, I take my cup to the sofa and sit down as I put my password into my kindle to unlock it. My cellphone rings and I pick it up to see that it says "unknown number" he's calling me. My heart starts thundering in my chest as I look out my window before answering it. "H-Hello?" I say in a meek voice. "Hi baby" the voice says, it's low and lustful and makes my breath catch. I swallow before I ask "What do you want from me?" in an unsteady voice. "Nothing" he says simply. I don't know how to respond. "Well, nothing that I haven't already had my hands on. I want you, Violet." Tears pool in my eyes as I think back to the evening where he left me bound, left me wet and with a throbbing pussy. "I just wanted to say, dress real nice for me tonight, pretty girl. I'm looking forward to seeing you." He hangs up the phone and I'm left with the phone still against my ear, even though the call ended a few seconds ago. Tonight? I get up and start locking every single window in the house, I pull all the drapes closed and lock my front and back door. I need a fucking Pit bull.