Chapter 84

~

Kureha's already witchy laughter got worse when she saw Law at the center he would undertake his exams at. The old woman shook her head, not in disapproval but disbelief that Law would pull something like that for the, sort of, most important day of his life.

"They can't fail me even if they try, so I'll dress however the fuck I want." Law grinned and waited beside the older doctor until he was called. The test center was at the new navy headquarters because it was the only place where all the three deans of the big medical colleges could come to without much hassle.

"Torao! Torao! They have this yummy corn here! You gotta try some!" Luffy came running with a bowl of said corn in his hands, the younger had gotten distracted at the cafeteria and thus separated.

"Did you make sure it doesn't have gluten?" Law raised an eyebrow at the amount of sauces he could spot on the corn.

Luffy looked at the bowl of corn, then at Law, then tilted his head to the side looking at the corn again. "I'll go ask!" And Luffy was off. Law heard a distant 'hey Torao's grandpa' from Luffy before the old man made his appearance.

Sengoku took one look at Law, at what he was wearing for something so important and just sat down in a corner, cradling his head. It was Garp who laughed and rubbed it in Sengoku's face that both their grandsons were inherently the same.

"This is going to be fun." Kureha laughed again.

Law had opted to dress in a skin tight, high neck black sleeveless shirt, all his arm tattoos on display, tight black jeans, black high heel boots. On his wrists were thick black leather bracelets and around his neck was a choker of much the similar material, except it had a golden pendant that looked like the heart tattoo on Law's shoulder. Some smudged black lipstick and black eyeliner and black nailpolish completed the surgeon's looks.

The three deans had overlooked Law and went straight to Kureha to ask if their candidate had arrived, they received a near heart attack when they realized that Law was standing right next to them. The deans went to the conference room that was designated for the tests and Law disappeared behind closing doors.

"Kick their ass Torao!" Luffy cheered from outside before the doors closed completely.

"It's not a battle!" Law called back with a fond shake of his head but decided he could knock their socks off instead.

The tests and exams and questioning answering sessions went on for five hours because the three deans wanted to find something to make Law trip on but even after such exhaustive and extensive questioning, the three couldn't find anything and had to ultimately call it a day.

"We will talk with doctor Kureha about this, you will receive our response via post. You can go back home if you want, this will take a few days." One of the deans had said and Law left the room with a shrug.

"How did it go?" Luffy asked excited when Law found him in the cafeteria.

"Good, I suppose. Said I can go back and they will send their responses through mail in a few days' time." Law answered, bored.

"They still need to think?"

"Just keeping up pretenses I'm sure." The older shrugged.

"You're coming back with me right?" Luffy had to ask, because he wasn't really sure what Law had planned for the few days it would take for his future to be decided, whether he would go to Flevance or spend time in Goa.

"Where else would I go?" Law answered, rubbing his cheek on the younger's head with a small smile.

~

Sanji resisted the urge to kick things because he sure as hell couldn't kick Law, Luffy would be mad. The Surgeon of Death had asked his North Blue brother to help him with the basics of cooking so he could get by day to day without having to consume store-bought or made food all the time, since he would be staying in Goa when he would start working in the hospital after his license would arrive – the deans still had to post their responses though. Law looked like someone who could learn everything very fast but Sanji experienced the rage of teaching a noob worse than Luffy, firsthand. The two were in the kitchen aboard the Thousand Sunny, the other Strawhats and Law's Hearts were busying themselves somewhere or the other on the ship.