Chapter 48

~

Law walked through the aisles of seats to look for his and Luffy's for the airplane to Red Line international airport and then to Flevance. Once the older confirmed the seat numbers, he put the luggage in the overhead space and motioned for Luffy to sit down.

"You don't want the window?" Luffy asked moving aside to let an elderly couple pass. Law looked at his boyfriend confused so the younger decided to elaborate. "You said you didn't like small, closed spaces."

"Oh that." Law realized he had confided that indeed. "No, it's ok I guess."

"Tell me if you want to switch." Luffy offered and sat down in his seat, linking his hand with Law's once the older had settled as well. "The last time we were in a plane together, you were taking me back home."

"You were so excited to be on a plane." Law smiled and rested his head on Luffy's shoulder.

"You let me have the window seat then too."

"I'm going to try to sleep the long hours once the plane takes off so if it looks like somebody is going to bother us, just spit at them."

"Nyahahahahaha!" Luffy laughed. "You sleep Torao, I'll keep you safe."

"Counting on that."

~

Law knew what lied ahead after getting off the plane, all his friends would be waiting beyond the gates, with a huge welcome back to Luffy. So Law took the bags when he got the chance and once the boys passed the gates, Law opted to stand on a side, silently, while the Hearts bombarded his boyfriend with hugs and pats and smiles, right in the middle of the airport.

"Are you tired?" Law asked when Luffy's head hit Law's shoulder before the younger brought it upright again, clearly trying to fight off sleep. Both the boys were seated in one of the ten cars entourage the Hearts had brought to the airport.

"Yeah. I hate planes, ships are better." Luffy pouted.

"I don't like airplanes either. Submarines are way better."

"Your sub is good but others are so stuffy." Luffy said, almost asleep.

The ride home was short and Luffy was too sleepy to keep his head up to enjoy the sights after so long. The cars all parked by the building and the guys brought the bags inside, three of them already moving to the kitchen to resume the meals they were cooking, the smells mixing with the air brought Luffy out of his sleepy stupor.

"Your room's been cleaned, dusted and aired out if you want to use that, or you can use mine too, if you want." Law presented both the options to his boyfriend and watched as the gears turned in the younger's head.

"My room!" Luffy declared. Law felt a tug in his chest, he wanted Luffy to choose to stay with him in his room, not Luffy's own room. "Oh but I'm spending the days and nights in your room."

Law's smile was back. "Ok."

The surgeon left his boyfriend to go to his own room and open the windows. Law put his things back in their places and cleaned out his table, stacking his medical journals neatly, he was surprised he had left everything so scattered when he went to Goa. Law didn't feel much like eating but he accompanied Luffy to the meal anyway, grateful for the warm affection all his friends had for the younger.

"Imma sleep now." Luffy said rubbing his eye with one hand and tugging at Law's sleeve with the other.

"Do you want me to wake you up for breakfast?" Penguin asked when the boyfriends were retiring for the night.

"They wake up too goddamn early." Law pointed, grinning at the shocked face his friend made.

"I'll get something when I wake up, thanks." Luffy said and went to Law's room with him. The moment the boy was in the room, there was no way he could miss the sight outside the window. "There's so many sunflowers!"