Chapter 01

~

It was a normal day at the Swallow Island, the snow fell from the sky that was covered with thick clouds all the time, not letting sunshine through. A normal day indeed for the residents of this island in the North Blue, one of the five* seas of the world.

The townsfolk carried on their business as usual, making way through snow-piled roads to their shops and homes. The harbor was nearby where many ships were docked and their boarders swarmed the town, stocking supplies for their journey through the seas. Swallow Island was a small island and thus had no airports, let alone helipads, making sea route the only way to reach this place, as such, it was famous to the Navy, Pirates and others who preferred travelling through sea.

There weren't many attractions in this town except for the large bell in the town square that rang loud enough for the whole island to hear. For an island that was not big and had no real material value for people of the world, it was oddly divided into classes, with the upper class occupying the most land and keeping the middle and lower class as their servants. The food items used by the upper class were also produced separately in their privates farms worked on by the unfortunate lower class.

The upper class, though refined and elegant, earned their living through dirty means i.e. by illegal trade of weapons, making deals with the brokers of the underworld and laundering their money for them, and their most active occupation, bringing them millions, was none other than the various forced prostitution houses in many parts of the island.

The majority of the island belonged to the rich pigs and the lower parts, close to the harbor with their small, dandy houses and shops was the habitation of the middle and lower class residents who preferred earning for themselves by putting up businesses for the travelers. It was there that the four prostitution houses were, one in all the prominent directions of the compass.

Near the harbor, in the south, was the most traffic of pirates, brutes and businessmen who didn't like wandering far for pleasure. The Navy and other government bodies preferred the isolation of the other three locations.

In these brothels, the rule was simple, a satisfied client equaled to a piece of bread. Any behavior otherwise from the merchandise was punishable, harshly at that. There were about fifty bodies in each of these houses scattered on the island. These were big places with each having their own room but occasionally sharing on the request of the clients. Then there was the reception, the kitchen, the fee office, the combined bathrooms, the punish room where the wayward women and children were beaten into submission and thrown in their rooms, and finally the infirmary, another name for the drug storage room. Some days when the sales were high and the business was fast, the products were given relaxants to keep them going.

Even though the south house had the same number of products as the other three houses, there were some products for whom some clients demanded rather fiercely, against the advices of the administration staff. The kind of clients that went after them were strict sadists and pedophiles who wanted to tame and break them or just needed pleasure at their obvious expense. One of them was the wayward product because of whom the punish room was made. He was prone to hurting his clients all the time especially when he had food in his belly or fatigued from the side effects of the relaxants he would be forcibly given – the reason why many wanted him, because he was the Boss' favourite too.

His name was Luffy. He was eleven years old, nothing special in terms of beauty or fitness except his small body that was built with enough harshness of the raw world, his face that often came off as 'cute' to the clients twisted enough to be in that sort of thing.

Today was no exception for him.

He bit the neck of another man – three times his age, he guessed – drawing blood and punched him in the gut, earning a hard slap to his face, knocking him to the cold, hard floor. He hadn't had food in weeks and could not stand up after taking that kind of beating. His not getting up served as the unwanted signal for the old man to do whatever he wanted. He did not like it one bit. He never did but he did not have the energy anymore to fight back. All he could do was glare through the short, messy hair that fell on his forehead.