Chapter 77

~

Penguin very carefully made a small incision on Law's wrist to insert the funnel that would allow the dye tube and the camera to pass through the blood vessels, to let the three Hearts performing the angiography know what was causing the tingling in Law's heart.

"I would have liked to do this in a proper OR." Penguin mumbled but since the room was so silent, everyone heard what the eldest said. The room in question was far back inside the infirmary, sterilized and air conditioned especially for emergency procedures that required delicate handling.

"You'd be doing it without a patient then." Law bit back immediately.

"We get you don't like hospitals and Flevance General in particular, but man there's so many things that can go wrong here." Shachi put in.

"It's entirely your fault for allowing Luffy in here then." Law joked, eyes pointing to his unusually silent boyfriend standing in a corner in all the gear.

"You'd have lied about this Torao, again, that's why I wanna see for myself." The youngest snapped, his tone conveying the annoyance and anger he was keeping inside.

"Yikes." Penguin bit his lip. "Push the dye."

"Pushing." Bepo called and all four doctors looked at the screen that was projecting the inside of Law's chest. "Pushing again."

"What the..." Shachi started.

"Fucking dammit." Law cursed and closed his eyes, opening them again and shaking his head at Penguin to tell him to not tell Luffy about this.

"You know I can see, right?" Luffy rolled his eyes and walked closer to the bed. "If you guys lie to me, I'll kick your asses too." The young man threatened the three other Hearts.

"It's a blood vessel blockage-" Penguin said.

"Peng what the fuck!" Law glared at his friend for spilling the truth.

"He's still here after the shit you pulled, do him the courtesy of not lying anymore." Penguin pointed to Luffy beside him. Law didn't say anything. "So, the blockage is restricting blood flow to his heart, we can open the blood vessel with the balloon already in there but to keep the vessel open, we would need to go to a hospital since we don't have stents here."

"Can you guys arrange for a stent? I don't think Torao's gonna be willing enough to do this a second time." Luffy pointed.

"We can't keep the instruments in there for that long a time even if we can somehow acquire the stent in question."

"But that stent would make everything ok forever?"

"He would need a lifestyle change so this doesn't happen anymore." Shachi sighed.

"Can you guys stop talking like I'm not here?" Law huffed.

"Shut up Torao, the responsible people are talking." Luffy said, all the irritation now clear on his face.

"Excuse me?" Law sat up a little, causing alarm for the three doctors. "I'm not going to a hospital for one, you can't talk to me like that either, three, a stent after-care is a lifetime of medicines and it stings all the time despite what anyone says, so, if it's not clear from all this, let me say in simpler words, I'm not going through all that."

"What happens if you don't get the stent?" Luffy asked Law directly.

"Nothing, this goes away on its own."

"Liar." The youngest said and turned to Shachi. "What happens if he doesn't get a stent?"

"His heart might not be able to pump blood properly and he might go into cardiogenic shock- actually let's just say, a very bad heart attack can happen and kill him."