Chapter 74

~

"So, when are you coming back?" Nami asked Law when she parted from the hug. The Strawhats and Luffy's brothers were all at the airport to see the doctor off.

"No idea, probably a few months." Law answered and let the others show their affections as well, he was pretty sure they wouldn't get a next time.

"If we are nearby, can we come to Flevance then?" Robin asked this time.

"Not a good idea, I'm travelling all over these next few weeks so I don't know where I'll be when."

"Wow, how's Lu gonna cope?" Ace grinned elbowing his brother who pouted.

"I'll be fine!" Luffy defended himself.

"That's why he has Dogfather." Law said pointing at the dog with his eyes.

"It's Godfather, you keep saying it wrong." The younger corrected.

"What if he wants to fuck? He can't fuck a dog." Ace said and heard all the Strawhats groan. "Whaaaat? I'm trying to find a solution for all the problems."

"I'm not answering that, and don't try getting any answers for him either." The doctor rolled his eyes and put his hand on Luffy's mouth to keep the younger shut.

"You're no fun Law."

"As I keep saying!" Law stuck his tongue out then heard the call for boarding. "Ok, I gotta go, see you all when I do, I guess."

"Wait, since you're going away for so long, can't you at least kiss Luffy goodbye?" Sabo grinned.

"I'm not going to do anything like that in public."

"Booo!!!"

"KISS! KISS! KISS! KISS! KISS! KISS! KISS!" Everyone started shouting and Law felt blood rush to his face.

"Fine! Just Shut up." Law said and sighed. "Don't get used to this." The older told his boyfriend and took the strawhat off the younger's head, used it as a shield against eyes and camera lenses, and kissed Luffy lightly on the lips, moving to kiss his forehead seconds later. "I love you."

"Law that's cheating!" Ace called when Law was walking away. "We don't know if you really kissed him!"

"Look at his face!!" Law yelled back and held up a middle finger all the while until he disappeared behind the gates. Ace, Sabo and all the Strawhats shifted their eyes to Luffy's face, much to their surprise, it was red.

Luffy could hear his brothers and his friends crowding him, asking him things but all he could hear were muffled sounds and all he could see was blurry feet, until Godfather's barking cut through everything and Luffy was forced to sit on the ground by the force of the canine.

When the pup starting barking at everyone and made the friends disperse to give Luffy space, Sabo and Ace looked at each other to check if the other was seeing the same thing. The brothers were both shocked and understood in that moment that Law had gotten Luffy a service dog.

"Does Luffy have problems he's not telling us?" Ace asked his blond brother, in a voice low enough so it stayed between them.

"Or is Law not coming back?" Sabo asked instead and the answer to both their questions was something the brothers didn't want. "Hey Lu, come on, let's go home."

"Yeah, we'll get meat, that'll make you feel better." Ace suggested, his heart aching at the way his brother was silently crying. The older brothers decided they wouldn't question the youngest about it.

"Y-yeah, meat sounds good." Luffy said and wiped his eyes, petting Godfather to make space to stand up. "See ya guys later." The young man didn't wait around for answers from his friends, he wanted to get away from the open sky and people all around him, he wanted to cocoon himself in blankets until he couldn't see the sun because he felt like a void was pulsing in his chest, making him heavy and nauseous. Luffy didn't like the way Law left, kissing him in public, something he didn't like doing, telling the younger he loved him, something he didn't like saying too much, going without a 'see you later,' Luffy felt panic rise within him, it felt like he wasn't going to see Law again, it felt like Luffy should have stopped the older from leaving. It somehow felt like the end. Godfather's head nuzzled deep in the boy's neck was the only thing keeping Luffy from giving into panic.