Chapter 10 (Part 4)

"Professor... forgive me," Jean apologised, his voice timid and low.

Professor Lenszcen stood before Jean and peered at his foggy portrait. "...Jean, what did you do...?" he asked calmly.

Realizing he must confront the professor, his father, Jean's brows furrowed fiercely. "...I sought the truth. Now, tell me... you're my biological father, aren't you...?" he questioned him.

"...N-no..." Professor Lenszcen said, shaking his head.

"Professor," Jean asserted with a deep voice. "I've seen a picture of myself before I used your invention. And now, your machine is showing a picture of you when I used my blood upon it. I'm your son, and you're my father. Tell me!"

Professor Lenszcen's brows pressed together, and he grumbled. "...Jean. Silence!! Who gave you permission to break into my office like this!? What pushed you to do such a careless act!? I can fail you in my class right away, let alone inform this incident to the school, which could lead you to suspension; if not worse, you'll get expelled!" he yelled, though he tried to restrain his voice.

"...Tell it to the school. And I'll tell the school you have a child," Jean countered, stepping closer to Professor Lenszcen.

Professor Lenszcen pulled back from Jean with fear crawling up his spine. "W-what? N-no—" he stuttered.

"Then, tell me. You're my father, aren't you?" Jean inquired sternly.

"Y-yes..." Professor Lenszcen responded, lowering his head and voice.

"And my mother? Where is she?" Jean asked.

Professor Lenszcen sniffled, his breath quivering. "I... I don't know," he replied.

"Huh?"

"P-please. I truly don't know where she is anymore. Please..." Professor Lenszcen's voice cracked.

     With a heavy sigh, Jean turns to the side and strides towards the office door, poised to leave the professor alone in the office. But, just as he is about to dismiss himself, he feels a hand grab him by the wrist. Jean pauses and realizes that Professor Lenszcen is pulling him back.

"Jean... Jean... my son..." Professor Lenszcen sobbed.

     Professor Lenszcen places his hands on Jean's face and cradles him, his eyes sparkling with unshed tears. As he peers into Jean's brown eyes, Professor Lenszcen feels his heart grow heavier, dragging him down. Closing his eyes, he releases a deep breath, and his jaw quivers with emotion. Suddenly, Professor Lenszcen leans in and plants a tender kiss on Jean's forehead.

     Professor Lenszcen's soft, delicate lips meet Jean's skin, and as he presses his face against his, he can smell the scent of vanilla and earth emanating from Jean's hair. In shock, Jean moans, and his body quivers with unspoken feelings. Slowly, Professor Lenszcen's hands travel downward, touching Jean's back and stroking the contours of his shoulder blades.

     With no options left, Jean surrenders himself and wraps his arms around Professor Lenszcen's broader form. Jean's breath escapes him as a quivering moan, and he takes a moment to rest his eyes, seeking a momentary respite from the situation. Embracing Jean, Professor Lenszcen loops his bulky arms around him and tightens his hug.

Gradually, Jean pulled away from the professor's warm embrace. "...I forgive you for the terrible things you've done to me and my mother. And I shall remain quiet about this incident. I will not tell anyone, and I mean anyone, that you're my biological father," said Jean. "But it doesn't mean I will consider you a true father, for you never accepted me and my mother. You... you have no place in my heart..."

     A stinging pain pierces Professor Lenszcen's heart, breaking it into numerous pieces. His embrace falters and loosens, and he slowly pulls back from Jean. Professor Lenszcen's eyes begin to leak tears as he sniffles, and his jaw shakes like the soil during an earthquake.

     With a rigid glare, Jean turns away from Professor Lenszcen and dismisses himself from the office, leaving his biological father alone. Meanwhile, Professor Lenszcen stands still, watching as Jean departs from him. Regrets and the urge to rewind time become too overwhelming for Professor Lenszcen, causing tears to fall from his face.

     Professor Lenszcen wishes for time to turn back. However, time inevitably goes on without any stop, leaving Professor Lenszcen with regrets that load on his back. Burdened by his guilt, Professor Lenszcen falls to the floor as he cries. An ocean of tears gushes from his face, and he becomes stifled with his remorse.