Chapter 1 (Part 4)

Outside the school, a sea of students has gathered, forming a bustling crowd that fills the entrance. From a distance, they resemble a swarm of ants, their heads almost obscuring the view of the surrounding lush greenery. More students continue to arrive, passing through the tall gates and traversing the lengthy trail that connects the sidewalk to the imposing school building.

     The atmosphere vibrates with the hum of camaraderie as conversations intertwine, laughter echoes, and friendships are solidified amidst the jostling crowd. The energy sends an electric spark to one's skin as a mix of youthful exuberance and feelings. As the ocean of students flows and swirls, the ambience resonates with voices.

     The male students don crisp white shirts and matching vests beneath long black tailcoats that reach their calves. A white streak lines the collar of their black tailcoats, creating a contrasting effect. Black ascot ties wrap around their necks, giving them the look of any other gentlemen. Tightly fitted trousers grace their lower limbs, perfectly complementing their polished black leather shoes.

     In the meantime, female students don white blouses, black coats, and matching vests, shorter in length, fitting just above the waist. Their collars, though less sharp than the boys', feature the same contrasting white line. Black ribbons adorn their necks, highlighting the whiteness of their blouses. Pleated bell-shaped skirts hang above their calves, swaying as they move, while their white stockings beautifully accentuate the black hue of their flats.

     Adorning the students' waists are sashes, styled with loose ends that flow akin to neckties. The colour of each sash corresponds to the grade level of the student. First-years proudly wear sashes resembling the hues of a sunset. Second-years sport sashes mirroring the colors of the sea. Meanwhile, third-years opt for vibrant sashes that emulate the rich shade of red wine.

     Joined by the ever-growing crowd of students, Jean, Bertie, and George find themselves trailing behind, becoming part of the vast ocean of bustling individuals. The march continues, traversing the lengthy trail that connects the imposing tall iron gates to the grandeur of the school building. Finally, stepping onto the entrance steps, Jean, Bertie, and George pass through the colossal front door. As they cross the threshold, their gazes tilt upwards, marvelling at the ceilings that seem to reach for the stars.

     Jean's eyes shimmer as he gazes upward, captivated by the splendour above. The glow in his eyes intensifies as the radiant light from the pearl chandeliers bathes him in a luminous embrace. Taking in his surroundings, Jean's gaze sweeps across the grand lobby that envelops him and everyone else. The chamber buzzes with noise, filled with the harmonious blend of students' giggles and murmurs reverberating against the walls.

     Venturing further into the hallowed halls of the school, Jean, Bertie, and George ascend a seemingly endless curved staircase. Reaching the second floor, they make a left turn, their path guided by a vibrant red carpet. Many students diverge from this point, each going their separate ways, but the brothers stay united, walking together in a straight line. As their heads swivel, they take notice of the church-like hallway embellished with numerous doors. There is no doubt in their minds that they have arrived at the dormitory.

     Jean, Bertie, and George halt before a door, and their muffled footsteps fade into silence. Jean steps forward, his gaze fixated on the sign above the door. His brows furrow, and he silently reads the words, his lips tightening. He then takes a deep breath and releases a heavy sigh as he turns around and faces his two brothers.

"Alright, I believe this is your dorm, guys," Jean stated. "Room B-four."

With a mischievous grin, Bertie placed his elbow on George's shoulder, playfully leaning against his brother. "Right. Where's your dorm, though?" he inquired Jean.

Jean reached into his pocket, retrieving a gleaming silver key. He scrutinized the lettering on its tag as his face hardened slightly. "Oh, just right in front of your dorm," Jean replied with a glimmer of amusement as he pointed behind Bertie and George. "Room A-four," he announced, revealing his assigned dorm.