Chapter 4

Charles pov

Sitting in class listening to the teacher I have the whole day full of classes. We're in first period and the lesson is so boring.

I almost fell asleep during the lecture. I got through first period barely. I stretch myself it was the last lecture for the day I'm surprised I made it.

Today me and the guys decided to watch the race at my house. I study for my test for tomorrow I rested before starting taking breaks in between.

Carlos pov

I wake up quite late in the afternoon rushing to get ready. I eat my lunch I skipped breakfast due to sleeping.

I take my shower put clothes on getting in the car. Yuki asked me to pick him up so now we're stuck in traffic.

We make it just in time at the stadium. I'm running to my room to get ready and put my uniform on.

I'm in my race car when I suddenly feel nervous I'm never for a race. My whole body is screaming nervousness my hands sweating.

I take a deep breath trying to calm myself down. I see the lights go off I step on the gas still nervous.

I hear the speaker go off someone is talking to me trying to get my attention. I'm focus on trying to find out why I'm nervous as fuck.

I keep hearing Carlos what's wrong or Carlos are you nervous and Carlos are you okay. And I don't know the answer to any of the questions thrown at me.

I know when this race is finished the manager is gonna wanna talk to me. I'm definitely in a lot of trouble.

We got second and third place and got on podium. I cheered happy that we won springing champagne on each other.

think everyone by now knows nervous.I know they wanted to ask me but were afraid to approach me knowing how cold I can be.

Slowly the nerves went away and I'm finally relaxed not long after I got called to the office. I opened the door also seeing Lewis here.

I sit down and the manager went straight to business. " gentleman is there something going on. " I shook my head no. " Carlos you're body language is screaming nervousness and you Lewis are daydreaming since the moment you walked in " he spoke looking between us.

" I want both of you back to normal on practice and Carlos stop being cold to everyone. " then he dismissed us I started to walk away when I got stopped.

I turned around a saw Lewis standing there " listen I want you to promise me something " he looked at me I nodded telling him to continue " please don't break Charles heart he's already went through enough " I was confused when it suddenly hit me.

" oh yeah no don't worry I won't do you have his number by the way " I asked scratching the back of my head slightly blushing to hide it.

He looked at me pulling out his phone and wrote the number down on a piece of paper. And for the first time since we have been teammates I smiled when he handed me the piece of paper.

He's face is written with shock on it not believing his eyes. I thanked him and asked him to inform Charles that I got his number and went home after changing.

I sit on the couch debating if I should text or call. I type in the number called it there's no going back.