26 | Oblivion

katherine blackthorn

Anyone can kill anybody, you just have to have the right motivation. Felix was a monster, a burden to the creation of mankind.

I killed a monster without knowing I was slowly becoming one myself. The darkness was eating me up inside, making me choke on its fatal shards of vitrics.

I stare into the mirror, looking at my reflection. I didn't look like myself. Blood-which was not mine-paints my flesh, unshed tears brimming my eyes whilst a psychotic smile was pressed to my lips. This wasn't my reflection, it was someone else's.

This wasn't me. I refused to believe that the person staring right back at me was me.
It couldn't be.

Admit it. Killing him was pleasing, satisfying and enjoyable. You liked it.

I shook my head slowly, starting to bite on my bit. I stared at my reflection with such depth, glaring at myself.

Killing him was traumatising.
Seeing his blood was beautiful.
I was the cause of his death.
It was powerful.

"No it wasn't," I seethed to myself in the mirror, my jaw starting to shake until I bit down on it.

"Katherine?" Rome walked out of his bathroom, attracting my full attention, the voices in my head starting to fade.

After we got rid of Felix's body by dumping him in the docks, Rome drove us to his place. He was getting ready to hop into the shower whilst I sat on his bed, staring at my reflection in the mirror with a glass of wine.

"Who are you speaking to?" He asked, walking towards me with his eyebrows raised. Blood coated his knuckles and jawline.

I noticed his shirt was off. Exposing his broad shoulders, sculpted abs and defined muscles, the veins bulging underneath his skin travelling up his arm from the hands.

He notices the wine glass in my hand, swiftly taking it away from me. He blew out a sigh, "I think you've drunk enough for tonight."

I snicker, looking up at him. He bends down, leaning towards me to peck my lips softly. I smile into the comforting gesture, my heart fluttering with anticipation and conflict.

"Will you be alright by yourself for a minute?" Rome asked, his eyes glazing with exhaustion. I nod, biting my lip. He pecks my lips once again before sauntering towards the bathroom, leaving the door open.

I sighed, slipping off my heels because my toes were becoming sore. As I stood up, I realised something.

I killed Felix in heels. That's some powerful shit.

I glimpsed in the mirror, my black dress had stains of mud with skids of mud on my arm. I blew out a harsh breath, looking at the bathroom with a smirk tugging at my lips.

I also needed a shower.

Tugging the dress off me as I walk towards the bathroom. The fabric pooled around my feet, I stepped over it, only standing in a black lace thong.

Curling my finger around the straps, I tugged off the thong down my thighs, letting them drop to the floor. Shivers travel up and down my spine, goosebumps starting to deliberately scatter along my skin.

As I entered the bathroom, the shower curtain was closed. I stepped closer, pulling it across to reveal Rome's back facing me.

I smirk, checking his ass out.

"You've got a sexy ass," I complimented, startling Rome who glanced behind his shoulder, his face dropping, "You wouldn't mind if I joined you, would you?".