15 | Car drive

katherine blackthorn

It's been a few days since that night happened. And the feds are determined to discover who killed Cian, the boy who got shot.

  Me and the others are still deciding if we should confess that we witnessed it or not.

  Cian's death is all over the news. Yet, they have included that he was a part of the mafia, and that's possibly the reason why he died.

  But, the mafia would take care of it. They would've covered the murder up by taking the body.

  "I just want to know who shot him," Ellie said, taking a sip of her coke as everyone listened in. It's currently break and we're all sitting outside on a bench.

  "Did anyone see anything?" I asked, my leg bouncing with nerves. I know who shot Cian, but not really.

  "No," They all say, "It was pitch black, and they possibly could have shot him from the roof. We were all mostly focused on Danny." Fletcher finished off.

  Rome was staring at me with a small smile. He knew who it was because I told him. I've told him about Sofie and my past, so he might as well be a part of the entire thing.

  Or am I just luring him into a trap?

  "Have you managed to get into the camera feed?" I asked Fletcher who promised he would try to get someone to hack into it.

  "Nope," He pops the p, "My hacker said someone has already beaten us to it."

  Fear curls inside me, "Cops?".

  "No," Ellie shakes her head, "Otherwise the cops would've already asked us to come in for questioning."

  "Guys we witnessed a murder and we're not telling the feds about it," Amber said, "That's a serious felony."

  Silence greets us. We didn't know what to say because it was the truth.

  If we didn't say anything about Cian's death and the police found out that we were there, we could get in serious shit.

  "How's Darius?" I asked.

  "He's been okay," Scarlet replied, "Still in bed rest."
  Darius has suffered the most. Having a fractured arm and severe bruises.

  Rome and Fletcher managed to escape with just a few bruises on their knuckles and face.

  "His parents are asking questions though," She trailed on.

  "Guys," Amber draws our attention, nodding her head in a direction. Our eyes land on Bella who is sauntering towards us, "She doesn't know. Should we tell her?".

  "No," I state, shaking my head. "It's risky."

  "Hey guys!" Bella said with a smile on her face, completely oblivious to what we were just talking about. "I was looking all over the place for you."

  "Sorry," Everyone except me says.

  Bella sits, sighing. "So what were you all talking about?".

  Everyone looked at each other, not knowing what to say which made it suspicious.

  "About Cian," I protest, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear, "It's tragic."

  "I know," Bella replies, "He was left for dead."
  I can't help but notice Bella's paranoid state; Her fingers fidgeting, legs bouncing rapidly, beads of sweat dripping down her face with massive bags under her eyes. Almost like she hasn't been sleeping.