7 | The incident

katherine blackthorn

After a few hectic rounds of truth or dare, me and Ellie were invited to come with Rome, Amber, and Darius. Me, Ellie, and Amber sat on the couch, having a front row seat watching Rome and Darius play beer pong with two different boys.

  "Drink up," Darius laughed, ordering one of the boys he and Rome are versing against. He watched the boy with red hair choke on his beer, snorting hysterically while Rome watched in shock.

  His expression was priceless yet cute. Lips parted with his jaw dropped, his features were softened.

  "I think you got a bit off drool over you, sweetheart," Ellie said, causing my eyes to wander away from Rome.

  "What." I muttered, my fingers reaching to my lips. Basically investigating my lips for the drool that was never there.

  She started laughing, Amber following, making me huff in annoyance.

  "Stop admiring from afar, Kath," Ellie said, staring at me with massive ecstasy pupils.

  "I am not admiring," I state.

  "Then why are you staring at him like you want him to take you right here, right now?" Amber asked, giggling, a smile creeping on her lips.

  Deep dimples hallowed her cheeks. Could she get any more pretty?

  "I'm not staring at him like that!" I shake my head, slightly flustered since they caught me. "I will never stare at him like that."

  They both hum in sync, making me roll my eyes whilst taking a sip of my new drink; Peach Schnapps mixed with lemonade.

  "Yo! Katherine!" Darius called over to me.
  "Yes?" I asked, Rome glancing at me.

  "You wanna take my spot? I need to use the loo," Darius said, "And Rome would really like for you to team with him."

  Rome slaps Darius' chest, glaring at him. "What the fuck man!".

  Everyone laughs at him, including me, which seems to make his cheeks flush out of embarrassment. Adorable.

  "Sure," I replied, rising from the sofa. I dust my dress, walking towards the table.

  "Thanks," Darius nods, basically running to the bathroom.

  "Do you know how to play?" Rome asks, passing me the plastic white ball.

  "Of course," I giggle, facing the table. The red headed boy stares at me, whilst his friend who has brunette hair, smirks at me.

  I target the cup in the middle, throwing the ball onto the table before it misses.

  I groan, "Fuck!".
  "Ah, close," Rome said beside me.

  I smile in return, both of us watching the red head throw the ball onto the table before landing in the bottom left cup.

  "Drink up, gorgeous." He laughs, high fiving his friend.

  I rolled my eyes at his complement, picking up the cup he landed the ball in. Reaching for the ball to pull it out, I pass it to Rome before gulping down the beer.