19 | Corruption

rome beaufort

This is insane. Completely unpredictable and insane. S is thriving off revenge and enjoyment. They like making Katherine scared.

  It's their only reason to live.

  It's like they don't exist without doing it. That's what's making them dangerous. They are devoted to making Katherine suffer.

  Signing their life to it without any regret.

  "Katherine," I shake my head, following her inside the school with adrenaline rushing through me, "Please explain to me what the fuck just happened."

  I was shocked. This was unbelievable.

  "S is playing me," She seethed, her fingers soothing her temples. "That bitch has successfully corrupted me. For fuck sake, we ran away like scared chicks!".

  Once she looks up, tears are brimming her eyes. She leans against someone's locker with her arms wrapped around her waist as some shield.

  Her jet black hair frames her beautiful face and I see a slight smile lift her lips with a small scoff falling.

  That smile. It makes people believe she's okay. That she's not suffering.

  She was fooling everyone with a pretty smile.

  "I'm scared, Rome," She whispered, her head tilting back to lean against the locker, "And I don't like being scared. It proves my vulnerability."

  I step closer with my hands reaching towards her to cup her cheeks. I stare into her aqua doe eyes that were filled with water, "I hate seeing you like this."

  I hear her exhale harshly with her chest dropping. "I need some sort of advantage that proves I'm not scared. S can't see me like this."

  "I could teach you how to fight?" I blurt out, "It'll make your mindset strong. And of course, it'll strengthen you."

  She bites her lip, her eyelashes batting whilst she looks up at me. "I know some fighting techniques. Thomas used to train me before all of the alcohol and drugs."

  "When would you like to start?" I asked, my voice echoing through the empty halls.
  We were alone.

  "After school," She chirped, "I want to start as soon as possible."

  I chuckle, lowering my head. "We need to figure out who S is."

  Her head nods in agreement but her eyes remain on me. "I know, but I can't think. There's too much happening in my life right now to dig deeper."

  She's gone through a lot these past days.
  Cian's death, numerous different parties, and mostly school. And she has her own problems to deal with; The problems she fights almost daily.

  Having constant battles with her mental health.

  I feel bad for her. Honestly.

  I wish I could just grant her eternal peace.
  "Do you have anyone in mind who could be a possibility?".

  She sighed, her focus disappearing. I see her digging deep into her head, unravelling any potential possibilities.

  "Except for Bella, I don't know." She shrugs, my face scrunching in confusion.

  "Bella? Why Bella?" I stared at her, wondering what was on her mind.

  "I have my reasons," She scolds, "She's hated me since the minute I came here."