2 | Twin

katherine blackthorn

'Come straight home after school' I read the text from my mother, rolling my eyes.

I hate my mother and father. I wish Thomas was still here, so he could have all the attention back.

I'm about to exit the school since it's home time, and I see Rome walking up to his car. It's a black Porsche that's reflecting everyone who walks past.

It's absolutely beautiful.

I'm reaching inside my handbag to find my airpods, wanting something to blast through my ears as I walk home.

And once I found them, to my luck it started to drizzle with rain.

"For fuck sake," I mumble under my breath, putting my hood up. I'm actually going to fucking kill myself.

As placed in the airpods, I listen to Stargirl by the Weekend. I'm exiting the school premises and one minute of my journey, a black Porsche pulls beside me.

I look at it in confusion.

The window rolls down and Rome's eyes, a pool of sage green anyone could drown in, are staring at me, a smile tugging at his lips.

"Do you want a ride?" He asks, his tone gentle and soft.

"No it's fine, thank you for the offer." I replied after pausing my music, beginning to walk away. But the car follows me.

"Are you sure? I don't mind, honestly." Rome tries again and it's adorable.

"I'm sure," I smile, "Thanks again." Rome flashes me one more smile, driving ahead.

To be honest, I wanted a ride but I can't be bothered for Bella to come up to me at school tomorrow. That girl needs to learn that they broke up and she has no control over someone who broke up with her.

You're the one to talk. Do you remember what you were like in Georgia? You were one hundred times worse than her.

Fuck off subconscious.

After ten minutes of walking in the rain, I've finally arrived at my house.

My house is at the end of a row of houses. Two stories with a garret room. The building is tawny brown brick and with three steps that lead to the dark brown wooden door.

Fog lured behind the row of house and rain streamed down the bricks as if it was crying.

I walked up the steps and opened the door, stepping inside my house. Due to the sound of the door opening, my mother came strutting towards me.

"Wow, I'm shocked." She said, staring at me taking off my shoes. "You actually listened to me."

"I'm surprised also mother," I said with a sigh, taking off my coat and hanging it up.

"Don't talk back," She said, crossing her arms.

I had all my features from my mother except my eyes. She had raven, shoulder length hair which was straightened, complimenting her small face. Her arched eyebrow raised, making my eyes lead to her light green eyes that stared right at me.

"Father will be home in twenty, so as for now, get out of sight. I'm cooking food."

"Trust me, I don't want to look at you any longer either." I said before walking up two flights of stairs which led to the garret.

I'm not being horrible to my mother. I'm just repaying the favour for all the years she's treated me. And my father.

I was always the second choice.