22 | Favourite person

katherine blackthorn

It's been a few messy days. But nothing I haven't overcome. Currently, I'm at the mall with Scarlet and Ellie. Rome and Fletcher tagging along later.

  We're all shopping for halloween outfits, but I'm mostly looking out for a dress for the ball that Rome invited me too.

  An actual ball for fuck sake. Apparently Christopher Beaufort, Rome's dad, holds a ball every year. That's what I've gathered from Scarlet.

  "How have you and Rome been?" Ellie asks, her brunette locks running down her shoulders, her sugar grey eyes glimmering at me.

  I roll my eyes, a slight smirk tugging at my lips. "What do you mean?" I drag it out, my fingers twirling my jet black hair.

  "You know exactly what she means. Don't act dumb," Scarlet laughs, her eyes peeled on the perfume we were currently standing around. She sprays some into the air, sniffing it to cringe. "That's disgusting."

  I laugh at her before answering, "We're taking it slow."

  "Soooo," Ellie drags, "He haven't fucked you senseless yet?" I shake my head slowly, "Why not?!".

  A whiny sighs fall from my lips, "Don't get me wrong, I want him to—badly. But so many things have been getting in the way."

  "Like?" Scarlet prys, her eyebrows jerking.

  The first chance we had, S interrupted with machetes, and the second chance we had, I stopped it because I don't want our first time in an abandoned building.

  I'm starting to crave for him. And every chance I have, it gets ruined.

  Maybe the universe is trying to say something. That our souls aren't made for each other.

  "Just stuff," I replied, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear to clear my face. I was hiding stuff, and they obviously caught onto it.

  "Have you had sex?" Ellie asked as we exited the perfume boutique. We walked in a coordinated line, I was in the middle with Ellie on my left and Scarlet on my right. It reminded me of when I was in Georgia.

  I was always in the middle. In the centre.

  "Duh," I roll my eyes.

  "Do you want it to be special when you do it with Rome?" Scarlet chimed in, waving to someone who she must've known.

  "I honestly don't care," I shrugged, "As least he fucks me good enough, then it'll be fine."

  We all laugh, entering a new shop to have a look at. Halloween outfits are everywhere, people crowding them to have a chance to get them.

  As we went down an aisle, someone jumped out in-front of us, a clown mask covering their face. They had a masculine frame, towering all of us.

  "Do you mind?" I rolled my eyes, trying to budge past them but they refused to move. "Obviously not then, freak."

  I hear a familiar laugh, starting to remove the mask to reveal that it was Fletcher. He stood there, hysterically laughing, "There was no need for name calling, Katherine."

  "You asshole," I laugh, smacking his chest.

  "I hate you," Scarlet glares.

  Fletcher winks, "Pft."

  "Did you manage to scare them?" Rome suddenly steps out of nowhere, a smile plastered onto his face. I couldn't help but check him out.

  He was wearing dark green cargo's, a cream coloured hoodie with a black man bag across his chest, black and white Jordan 1's. His silver chain was on display, along with his rings.