18 | - S

katherine blackthorn

I'm descending down the stairs the next morning, my head pounding due to the damage from last night's events.

I'm wearing a solid black velour jumpsuit which has long sleeves and a hood. The fabric was soft against my skin, kissing it delicately. The zip was slightly pulled down, being able to see cleavage. I paired it with black chunky trainers, the one piece jumpsuit having flared pants.

My jet black hair was naturally straight, just passing my shoulders. I also had on my signature silver necklace that had K attached to it.

I held my mini black shoulder handbag in my hand which had my belongings inside. Just as I went to reach for the door, my father spoke from behind me.

"Off to see Miss Jenkins?" I look behind my shoulder to see him leaning against the door frame with his arms wrapped around his chest, smirking smugly.

"Yeah?" I replied, making it seem like a question.

"Good," He nods to himself, "We need to figure out how to fix you. I can't have people talking about my daughter being a complete psycho."

I scoff at his confidence. The audacity to call me a fucking psycho knowing damn well that he's the reason why the way I am.

"Is that all you're worried about?" I asked, my eyebrows raising, "What people might think about us, instead of worrying for your daughter."

He cocks his head sideways, biting the inside of his cheek, simply stating, "Yes."

A chuckle falls from my lips, "I can't fucking believe you. You're an actual prick, you know that?".

"I've been called worse," He stalks towards me, staring at me with cold eyes.

"And you think that's okay?" I laugh, shaking my head at how he is acting. He stares down at me with temptation, holding everything in from launching at me.

"Listen," He slurred, the scent of alcohol lingering from him. His fingers are starting to hit my chest, pushing me back slightly.

"Don't fucking touch me," I swat his hand away in defence, "Your drunk. I can smell it on you."

He laughs with humour, "Look who's starting to fight back. Wouldn't want to piss you off, who knows what you could do."

He starts to mouth psycho which drives me mad. My fists are starting to clench, as my jaw tightens.

"I could say the same for you," I shrug, "You're drunk. Who knows what you're capable of doing in this state."

And simply, I opened the door and slammed it closed, hoping I managed to hit his face.

How could he be drunk at this time in the morning? It's fucking pathetic and disgusting.

He's becoming worse every day. Probably still in denial of Thomas's death. It's been a year, I personally think it's time for him to get over it.

I reach inside my bag, pulling out my box of cigarettes, airpods, and my phone. I place the pods into my ears first, then pick out a cigarette from the box along with my lighter.

I grasp the end of the cig with my lips, lighting it up with a struggle because of the wind. I take a drag, inhaling the chemicals with such ease.

I decided to blast Softcore by The Neighbourhood through my pods.

I'm smoking the cigarette with calmness, taking long puffs to somehow maintain my nerves. Light fog surrounds me, enveloping around me as I walk to Miss Jenkin's building.