32 - too many happy couples

too many happy couples  

The brunette ran through the school hallways, trying to be as fast as she could, but she still couldn't catch him in time. He was already gone.

She sighed, sitting down on the stairs in front of the school building. Her bag was falling off her shoulder, and so was her jacket, but she couldn't care less about it at the moment. She kept holding onto the piece of paper in her hand, trying to think about what she was even going to say to him.

She wasn't sure how long she spent on those stairs, she couldn't even guess. She might have stayed there for an hour, maybe two, and maybe if she didn't get the call from her best friend she would be sitting there for another hour or so.

"What's up?" She asked, finally fixing her jacket and bag.

"What's up?" He repeated after her, an obvious sign of worry and anger in his voice. "Izzy, where the hell are you?"

"In front of school, why?" She answered confusedly, slowly standing up. "Is everything okay, Seung?"

"I should be the one asking that," he sighed, glancing at the girl next to him, telling her everything was fine. "Your lesson ended an hour ago and we were supposed to meet for dinner, we were worried," he explained.

"Oh shit, you're with Hana already? Sorry, I completely lost track of time," she apologized, looking at the time on her phone. She closed her eyes, yelling at herself inside her head. "Please tell me you ate already and aren't waiting for me in the restaurant."

"We stayed in the dorms," Seungmin answered. "Do you want me to go for you?"

"Stay with Hana, I am alright. I'll be there in a minute. I am sorry, again." Before he could say anything else and argue, Izzy quickly said bye to him and hung up, sighing as she put her phone away into her bag.

"Now who's messing with who's head?" Izzy asked herself, looking at the night sky as if she could find an answer to her questions there. She wasn't even sure why she ran after him or what she was feeling, but a part of her just knew she needed to talk to him. No matter how confused she was she knew just one talk with him could answer her questions and get rid of her doubts.

Suddenly, Izzy saw couples everywhere. As she walked back to the dorms, she saw someone holding hands or kissing wherever she looked. It wasn't anything unusual, people were always making out in the hallways, sometimes even doing more if they had enough alcohol in themselves, but today it was more than ever.

She could swear the universe was laughing into her face for not being fast enough. The universe was truly a bitch.

She opened the front door of her dorm, not paying any attention to the game sounds coming from her and Robin's room, or to the movie that was playing on their TV, and not even her two best friends sitting on their sofa and watching the movie.

"Izzy!" Hana yelled immediately, finally getting the brunette's attention. Seungmin looked her way too, reaching for the remote control to pause the film. "Are you okay?"

"I am fine, don't worry," she smiled at the slightly older girl. They were another happy couple, and it made her wish even more than she had something like that too. Maybe she could have if she wasn't building up a whole wall in front of the school prince this whole time.

"Come sit down and talk," Seungmin proclaimed, shaking his head at her. "You're not that good at hiding how you feel in front of me."

Izzy sighed, putting down her bag on the floor and hanging up her jacket before she walked to the two of them, the drawing still in her hands. "I hate how well you can read me," she mumbled, making him roll his eyes at her.

Hana was sitting in between them, not saying anything and just listening to what she had to say.

"Hyunjin made this today," she proclaimed and handed the paper to Hana so they could both see. "And forgot it in the class, turned down so I wouldn't see, of course."

Seungmin stared at the portrait, trying to find the right words to say. It was obviously her so he didn't even think about trying to convince her it was a different girl. "Well, I mean," he started, but shut up again when he realized he really didn't know what to say. "Alright, yeah, I guess you were right that he likes you," he sighed.

"Isn't that a good thing? I thought you were happy thinking he likes you," Hana asked.

"I don't know. I don't know anything anymore if I am honest," Izzy admitted, resting her head on her shoulder. "I ran after him," she added, making both of them look at her. "And?" Seungmin asked immediately.

"And I wasn't fast enough. He left. So I just sat for an hour on the stairs in front of school."

"Sometimes you are an idiot," the male shook his head. "You do realize his dorm room is in the same building as yours, right? You could have just gone to meet him there."

"I know that. But I am not even sure if I wanted to meet him," she sighed. "I don't know what I feel, Seung. I don't know what to tell him."

"Izzy, I might not be the best one to give you an answer when it comes to these kinds of things but I think you should go see him anyway. Even though you say you don't know anything, I am sure deep down you know exactly what you want to tell him. And maybe, if you just met him you would realize what it is," Hana said, rubbing the back of her neck awkwardly.

"I agree," Seungmin nodded. "You should eat something and then go see what he has to say and figure out how you have it."

The brunette hesitated, thinking about what was the worst possible thing that could happen before she agreed with them. "I'll do that then," she mumbled quietly. 

Izzy—finally we're moving somewhere hehe 

Izzy—
finally we're moving somewhere hehe 

Next chapter coming soon 
33 - the talk