28 - caramel macchiato

caramel macchiato 

caramel macchiato 

Back in the café, the brunette was trying her best to keep her mind on the coffee in front of her instead of the boy, who was sitting unnecessary too close to her.

The taller boy smirked, a chuckle escaping his lips as he looked at her. "You know, one would think you are nervous about sitting next to me," he proclaimed, taking a sip of his americano. "Nervous about sitting next to you?" She scoffed, looking for Bora with her eyes. She sighed when she realized she was still talking to Jisoo and glanced at the boy next to her again. "There is no reason for me to be, it's just you after all, prince," she fake-grinned at him, finishing her caramel macchiato as she looked at the other four at the table.

Chris was just frowning at the cup of coffee in his hands, while Riley was laughing. The brunette wasn't paying much attention to the two of them until now, but she heard Riley try to convince Chris caramel macchiato was the best coffee possible, so she assumed Riley must have been persistent enough to convince even the coffee hater to take a sip.

Alaska and Felix looked like they forgot they were with other people completely. When Izzy glanced at the two of them, they were so close to each other she would have thought they were dating if she didn't know how they actually had it. Felix was showing her some pics on his phone, the look in his eyes whenever he waited for her reaction showing it all. Laska couldn't stop smiling, just admiring everything he showed her. 

She laughed when he opened a picture of sleeping Hyunjin, asking him to send it to her right away. Normally, her brother would be in their business immediately, already arguing with Felix to not do so, but he himself was too busy staring at someone. He couldn't focus on anything else but her when she was sitting right next to him. 

Maybe someone was nervous about sitting next to each other after all.

He sighed, finishing his coffee too. "So, uhm, how is your art project going?" He asked awkwardly, making Izzy pay attention to him again. "Excuse me?" She raised her eyebrow, questioning why on earth he would care about that. "You know, the flowers you started last time when you finished the portrait."

"Yeah, I know what I am working on. I am surprised you know what I am working on though," she proclaimed, and he started defending himself immediately. "You sit next to me, remember? I just happened to see what you were working on when I looked over. It has nothing to do with you, I don't care what you do." The Japanese girl scoffed, "right, of course you don't."

"Right, why would I," Hyunjin mumbled, looking away for a second. That was also when he finally noticed Felix and Alaska looking at each other as if they were high schoolers in love. He was already about to speak up and interrupt them, when Riley kicked him under the table, noticing what he was planning to do. "Hey!" He hissed at her immediately, glaring at her. However, the slightly younger girl just rolled her eyes at him, ignoring him after that so she could talk to Chris again.

"Oh! I heard you are working on some animation lately?" He asked, obvious excitement in his eyes. Riley felt a bit embarrassed, and she wasn't even sure why. It wasn't like she would be hiding the fact she does animation from other people. "Ah, yeah," she admitted. "That's so cool, you know. I would love to see your work, if you don't mind."

"Really?" The older boy nodded, smiling. "For some reason, it makes me like you a bit more than I already do," he proclaimed, catching her off guard. She had to blink a few times to realize what he said before she almost choked on her coffee. "What?" Riley asked, even more confused than during her English test. "Nothing, Rye," he smiled, slightly shaking his head at her.

Even though he said it was nothing, Riley knew that wasn't the truth. He couldn't mean it just like a friend, right? Surely, she wasn't that delusional to see something there wasn't. She kept thinking about it - about him - the whole time they were sitting in the café. She let him talk about whatever he wanted, while she kept thinking about what he said earlier. She needed to figure it out.

"Alright, I have practice so I should go," Bora proclaimed, realizing most of them didn't even know she was there when she saw the way her two roommates looked at her. "You got practice?" Felix wondered, taking his eyes off of the girl next to him for a moment. "Yeah, boxing. You guys didn't even know I was sitting here so don't mind me and keep talking," she shook her head at them, chuckling. "They were too busy flirting, I guess," Izzy laughed, teasing her elders.

"I think we should go too actually," Chris looked over at Riley again and then at Felix with Hyunjin. "Most of us still have things to finish today."

"Right," Hyunjin agreed, glancing at the brunette next to him. He regretted not taking his chance properly and talking to her. After he decided to leave Felix and his sister alone and let them do whatever they wanted, he was going to ask about the art project again, but Bora came back, and Izzy wasn't paying any attention to him again.

"Alright, let's go," Riley nodded, standing up from her place, the others quickly standing up too.

"I'll see y'all later!" Izzy grinned, waving at her friends before leaving the café with Bora. The two siblings and Felix walked out soon after them, leaving Chris and Riley there alone. "Are you going back to the dorms?" Riley asked, wondering if they were going the same way or not. "Yeah," he nodded. "But before we go, do you want another coffee?"

That was the way to Riley's heart. A man buying her coffee was all she wanted. Maybe her standards weren't that high after all. She agreed immediately, making him chuckle. He loved seeing her like that, and if all he had to do to see her like that more meant buying her coffee everyday, he would do it.

"Here you go," Jisoo smiled as she handed the coffee cup to one of her best friends. "You'll tell me everything later, alright?" She whispered towards her before she straightened her back again, saying goodbye to the two of them, watching them leave, too. She had to smile. She was rooting for the two of them probably more than anyone else. 

"What are you doing after school tomorrow?" Chris asked suddenly, finally deciding to ask what he had been thinking about the whole time they were talking. "Nothing much, maybe I'll work on the animation," she answered, not paying much attention to it. He nodded, hesitating again for a second. "If you want, we could hang out again, maybe," he offered, catching her attention right away. 

"Yes," she answered without any doubts. "I would love that," she added, realizing how desperate she sounded. He laughed at her, finding her cute. "It's a date than," he winked at her, smiling proudly as he continued to walk next to her. 

Izzy— the way I have no idea what to properly do with this story is crazy

Izzy— 
the way I have no idea what to properly do with this story is crazy. I need to figure something out soon so I can write more and finish it soon haha 

Next chapter coming soon 
29 - situationship