27 - library studying

library studying  

library studying  

Jeongin sat down quietly, just watching Soomin read through their material. He couldn't help it and just stare at them.

"Innie, are you listening?" The boy looked up at them, his lost eyes only making Soomin smile. "Ah, sorry," he laughed awkwardly. "What were you saying?"

"I know what to do with it," they repeated, making Jeongin's eyes widen in awe. "Really??" He questioned, having a few people look their way immediately. He quickly apologized to the people around, turning back to Soomin again. "You're truly amazing, Soo!" Jeongin whispered excitedly. They chuckled, shaking their head at him. "It's nothing."

"No, no, you're really amazing. I had no idea what to do with it," he proclaimed. "I don't know what I would do without you, Soo."

Soomin could feel their cheeks heating up. They looked away for a moment, looking into the book again. "Idiot, stop making me flustered all the time," they muttered so quietly Jeongin couldn't hear them even if he wanted to.

The younger boy had no idea what he was doing to them, but he still somehow always managed to get into Soomin's mind. No matter how much they wanted, they couldn't focus on the science book in front of them. All Soomin could think about in the moment was Jeongin and his stupid (and awfully cute) smile.

"Should we go back to our dorm and do it there or do you think it would be better to work on it here?" He asked, making them come back to reality again. Soomin looked at him , unable to look away from his eyes. "It would be better to work on it here. Jisung is probably going to come back to the dorm soon," they answered, Jeongin slightly nodding to them.

He moved closer to Soomin, looking over their shoulder into the book. "Okay," he nodded. "And we can go out to eat something once we're done. I'll pay, as a thank you for helping me."

The two ended up staying in the library for another two hours, just working on Jeongin's science project together and eating some of the snacks he bought while Soomin looked for some books they could take with themself once they were done. It didn't even seem like two hours, but when Jeongin looked at his phone to check the time he realized how fast time passed by when he was with Soomin.

After all, time always passes fast when you're with someone you love.

"Where were you?" Jisung asked right after the two walked into their dorm. Jeongin looked at him confusedly and then at Soomin to see if they knew anything. "I am freaking out here and you weren't here for me to tell you about it!" He complained.

Soomin chuckled, shaking their head at the younger boy. They took down their hoodie, slowly walking to him to see what he had to say. "What's so mind blowing that you need to tell us about it?" Jeongin raised his eyebrow at the older boy, following Soomin.

"Robin. She is mind blowing," he explained. Soomin scoffed, "simp."

"I thought we already knew he was one," Jeongin laughed, going to sit down on their sofa. "What's up with her? Did she look at you for five seconds again?"

"Funny, funny," Jisung rolled his eyes at his friend, watching as Soomin sat down next to him. "We danced together yesterday. And I swear there was a moment when we almost kissed! If I was a bit more drunk I would probably kiss her, but sadly I wasn't and didn't find the courage," he complained, fake crying. "What if I never get another chance?? What if she ends up avoiding me even more after what happened?" He started panicking.

"Sung, chill out," Soomin laughed a bit. "She won't avoid you," Jeongin joined in. "You still have common friends, there's no way she could avoid you even if she wanted to."

"You know, maybe you should finally confess to her. You could be surprised, maybe she likes you too. I think it's worth the shot," Soomin proclaimed. Jisung glanced at them immediately, "have you confessed yet?"

"Confess to who?" Jeongin's eyes wandered to one of his best friends immediately, trying to figure out if Soomin had an actual crush or if Jisung was just joking. "Do you have a crush I don't know about?" He asked, a bit offended.

Soomin looked at the boy next to them, the worry in his eyes making them feel bad about it right away. "No, of course not," they shook their head. "You would be the first one to know. You are my best friend after all," Soomin smiled, mumbling their last sentence. Best friend. Right, that's what he was.

"Mhm, " Jisung shook his head at them, getting their attention again. "Shut up, Sung," Soomin warned him, making him raise his hands up in the air in defeat.

"Maybe you can try to get closer to her first," Jeongin suggested, his attention on Jisung's worries again. "Talk to Felix or Amy and see if they let you join them in their gaming sessions."

"But be careful not to end up in a friendzone," Soomin commented and Jeongin had to nudge their shoulder when he saw the sudden change in Jisung's expression. "I am just kidding, you won't end up in a friendzone. There's no way, obviously," they added quickly, shrugging towards Jeongin to let him know they did their best.

"You just have to stop stressing about it so much or you will really miss your chance."

"I'll... talk to Amy then," he agreed with Jeongin's plan. "Now though, tell me, how come you two were hanging out together on your own again?" He raised his eyebrow, mostly to tease Soomin. 

Izzy—I was stuck on this chapter for so long help 

Izzy—
I was stuck on this chapter for so long help 

Next chapter coming soon 
28 - caramel macchiato