|29|

Taehyun's pov

      I walked with the police for at least 20 minutes before we were finally approaching the convenience store that I'd originally called from. I waved at the lady inside when she looked at me strangely. It was the same lady that had let me borrow her cell phone.

      "This is where I called 911," I explained, "But I left after making the call so I had to go to the station anyways." The officer nodded but didn't say anything. I was surprised that he didn't reprimand me for not staying there.

      We kept walking for about a half mile until we came to an opening in the woods that were next to the sidewalk.

      "I guess this must be where I came from," I pointed and looked at the officer.

      "You guess? So you're not entirely sure?" He questioned sternly.

"I mean, it looks familiar. I was also running as fast as possible though so I can't remember completely," I shrugged and started walking into the woods. I didn't think I would be comfortable going back towards that shed so soon but here I was. Anything to find my sister.

The officer asked me a few more questions while we were walking through the woods. When did my sister go missing? Is my kidnapper connected to her? Do I have any idea where she might be?

That last question made me mad. Obviously if I had any idea where Y/N was, I would've been bringing the officer to her not to some random run down shack in the woods.

My steps slowed and then came to a halt right in front of the main and only entrance to the little cabin.

"Well, go inside," The officer nodded his head forward and I pushed open the door. Nari wasn't there, as expected, but she did happen to leave her stupid little bat behind.

"This is the bat she used to give me this stupid limp. She was gonna knock me out with it too," I picked it up and took a closer look. It had a bit of blood on it. I quickly looked at my shin and sure enough, it was bleeding. I hadn't even noticed that earlier.

"Sir please put that down. I can't have you tampering with potential evidence," the officer directed and I quickly placed the bat down. He took some time to glance around the cabin. There wasn't much to see however, it was just a wooden box.

"Is there anything else in here that you're sure she touched? Or anything that could be useful to help us find her?" the officer kept asking me questions but it was hard to remember what happened that night. I couldn't recall what she had touched or not.

After a short while, we left the cabin. The officer took the bag in his gloved hands and we started walking back to the station.

"So are you going to be able to find her? Because she has my sister and I know it. I don't know her motive or where she is, but I know my sister is with her," I kept bothering the man and every time he would give me the same answer.

"Like I said before, we're going to do our best to find both the alleged kidnapper and your sister."

The word alleged felt wrong to me. She wasn't an alleged kidnapper, she literally took my sister and then held me hostage. That's essentially the definition of kidnapping.

"Also, we're going to have someone check you out when we get back to the station. A medic. That limp doesn't look good and the rest of you isn't in the best shape either," the officer explained. I was completely fine with that. My leg was killing me anyway.

Jake's pov

"You did what?" I exclaimed after Nari told me what she had done. We were alone in the living room at that time. I'd been reluctantly pulled away from Y/N because Nari told me she had something urgent to tell me.

"I had no choice Jake! He was going to make me continue to help looking for her! What was I supposed to do, say 'oh well she's probably dead let's move on teehee'?" Nari whisper shouted at me. We were trying to be as quiet as possible in case Y/N was listening outside the door.

"How could you let him escape though? Now he's on the lose, probably reporting you to the police because he knows who you are and all of your information. You might've just gotten this whole operation busted!" I had to try really hard not to explode at Nari. I couldn't believe that someone could be so stupid.

"It's not like I was trying to! I was going to knock him out and bring him here, actually! Wouldn't it be nice if Y/N stopped complaining about missing her family all the time?" Nari was trying to reason with me but it definitely wasn't working.

      "No, actually, it wouldn't be nice! She's a human with real feelings! If she sees her brother, it might make her realize that she really does want to go back to her old home. I'm just starting to make her really comfortable here with me and I won't let you and your stupidity get in the way of that!" I was fuming and it was very difficult to keep my voice low at that point.

      Nari started to speak again but I cut her off by shushing her. I knew that she wouldn't be able to convince me that what she did was good no matter what. I walked out of the living room and went to find Y/N.

      I managed to find her in the kitchen cooking something with Jay. She was laughing and having a good time and it made me smile seeing how well she fit in here with me and the guys.

      "Wow, you're having so much fun without me," I fake complained and hugged Y/N from behind. She turned her head around slightly and smiled at me.

      "Well it's not my fault you and someone needed to talk immediately," she shrugged.

      "It was really important darling, trust me. I wouldn't interrupt time with you if it wasn't," I kissed the top of her head and she laughed quietly.

      "Okay, okay, this isn't a couples cooking class. Go find something else to do, you missed out," Jay shooed me away and I ruffled Y/N's hair before walking away.

———————————————————————
Hii everyone how's it goinggg. I feel like i haven't written some good fluff for a few chapters so i threw some in at the end lol. this update was meant to be out yesterday but i went to the dentist and my face hurt so i went to bed early. anyways hope you enjoy and thank you so much for 17k reads 💗