|19|

Y/N's pov

      I woke up alone in the darkness. I couldn't see anything past the foot of my bed, not even the silhouettes of furniture that I knew was there. Just as I was beginning to get worried, a shadow of what seemed to be a person started walking towards me.

       "Jake? What's going on? W-why is it so dark in here? What time is it?" I called out to the figure. It didn't answer, just continued to approach in silence.

       I squinted my eyes and tilted my head in order to see better. The strange figure stepped into the light and there was Jake, grinning like I'd just told the most hilarious joke.

       "Seriously Jake, what's happening right now? You're scaring me," I called out to him, but still got no response. I waved my hand in front of his eyes and all of a sudden he blinked and his smile fell.

       "Oh Y/N, darling. You didn't think you'd get away with this so easily, did you?" He laughed and yanked me up by my arm.

      "What? Jake, where are we g-going?" I frantically asked as he tightened his grip on my arm. He led me down the hall to a door that I was oh so familiar with.

      "T-the basement? Please don't put me back down there! Please, I promise I'll never try to escape again. I'll be yours forever!" I turned to face Jake and begged him. He frowned before pushing me through the doorway.

       "Well maybe you should've thought about that before you decided to betray me," And with that, he slammed the door and I heard the lock click.

       I stood in a stunned silence for several minutes trying to decide what to do when suddenly, I heard a faint voice calling me.

      "Y/N... Y/N...." It started as barely a whisper but became gradually louder.

       "Who's there? How did you get here?" I asked and began to descend the stairs.

       "Y/N... Y/N... Y/N..." it continued to call out to me. Just as I was about to reach the voice, everything around me dissolved.

Jake's pov

        "Y/N... Y/N!" I shook her awake after watching her toss and turn in her bed for the past 20 minutes.

         All of a sudden, she jolted awake and examined the room. Her breathing was heavy and her eyes were wide.

       "Jake? Are you real?" She gripped my forearm and asked while looking straight into my eyes.

      "Am I what? Of course i'm real, Y/N. Are you alright?" I sat on the bed next to her and place my hand on her back.

       "Sorry, I'm sorry. I had a dream, it was really bad," she mumbled and let go of my arm.

       "Do you want to tell me about it darling?" I asked and wrapped my arms around her. She moved closer to me and nodded.

       "Well, I woke up and it was dark. You were there but you weren't you. Not the you that I know, at least. You took my back to the basement and told me that I shouldn't have betrayed you," Y/N explained her nightmare to me in detail and I listened to every word.

       "You know that would never happen, right? You're so special to me, Y/N. I can't even imagine doing something so evil," I ran my fingers through her hair and she smiled at me.

      "I know you wouldn't. I trust you."

       I smiled at this statement and released Y/N from my hold. I examined her for a minute or so, just taking in her features. She was beautiful, and moments like these where I could just stare at her were so nice to me.

      "What are we going to do today? I feel like I haven't done anything fun in a while," Y/N commented as she tried to stand up. I immediately pulled her back into bed.

      "Easy there, tiger. It's not even 3 in the morning. We've got a while before we can go do anything," I pointed at the clock hanging on the wall.

      "Ah," Y/N sighed disappointedly and relaxed back onto her pillow.

      "We could do something while we wait for morning to come. If you're not tired that is," I suggested.

       "I'm not tired even a little bit. What should we do?" Y/N tilted her head while asking me. I'd noticed that was a habit of hers. One of her many cute habits.

      "We could watch a movie? I brought my laptop in here to do some work while you slept, but I didn't get much done," I laughed and stood up to grab the device.

      "Sorry. I should've given you more time to do your work," Y/N said sheepishly while sinking further into the mattress.

       "Did you just apologize for having a nightmare? That's not your fault, darling. We don't control our dreams," I smiled while shaking my head. I returned to the bed and sat down, wrapping my arm around Y/N's shoulders.

      "I know, but if there's something you need to get done, you shouldn't let me stop you from doing it," she was looking straight at me now but I didn't return her stare. My focus was on finding something for us to watch.

      "The only thing I need to get done is laying here, cuddling with you, and watching a movie together," I explained and pushed Y/N's head onto my shoulder.

      "A-alright then, that's what we'll do," she giggled and leaned into me more. I'd loved her laugh since the first time I heard it. It was like hearing your favorite singer perform live, but better.

      "Perfect."

———————————————————————-
Hi guys i'm sorry if this sucks I was writing this and doing my english homework at the same time </3  PREPARE FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER ITS GONNA BE CRAZY (i think)
I don't have much to update you on but stream Layover by V 🤭