|22|

Jake's pov

      Y/N was sitting there with her mouth hanging open, in shock I assume. The guys and I stood there in silence, watching and waiting for her to react.

       "Hey.. Y/N," Nari muttered lowly while pushing the door closed behind her. She stayed right in front of the door, a decent distance from Y/N.

      "Jake?" Y/N turned to me and said nothing but my name.

      "That's me.." I answered. All the eyes and ears had turned to our conversation.

      "Why... why would you do this?" Y/N was shaking her head now and I could see her hands trembling.

      "Y/N, I thought you were missing your old life. Y'know the people in it and stuff," I responded carefully. I knew how Y/N could get, so I didn't want to upset her any further.

       "I said I missed my family. My family," Y/N was glaring at me now and I could see Heeseung slowly backing out of the room.

      "You told me you missed your friends too. Nari is your best friend. She missed you," I pointed out. Nari, who was still standing right next to the door, began to nod aggressively.

      "But why would you bring her here?? I wanted to see her again in the real world. Once I got my life back. So what, she's in on this too??" Y/N was shouting. I'd never seen her this angry. Normally, she would get anxious and freak out, but never yell.

      "Y/N I think you need to calm down for a second. Let's not say anything we'll regret," I crossed my arms and leaned on the counter behind me.

      "I'm not going to regret anything I say! The only one who will regret something is you!"

      "I was trying to do something nice for you, Y/N! I didn't even need to bring your friend here! I didn't need to do anything for you! You could still be locked in the basement for all I care!" I retaliated. We were nothing screaming now and I stepped closer to her with every brutal sentence I spoke.

      "Guys, listen. I'm here for Jungwon. I promise, Y/N, that I don't want to hurt you. I never wanted to, not before this and not after this," Nari quite literally stepped in, using herself as a wall between us.

      "I don't even believe you Nari. Is this something you've been planning since we first became friends?? You just want to help me end up dying here, don't you?" Y/N accused and Nari turned around to face her.

      "Excuse me?? You seriously think I've been plotting this for years and years??" The two girls were glaring at each other without blinking, like an aggressive staring contest.

      "I don't know what to believe anymore!! I've been stuck in this house for so long with these people who I think are my friends but do friends kidnap you?? No! The only hope I had was you and Taehyun," Y/N's eyes were watering and her hands were flailing around like crazy.

      "Well I guess there really is no hope now! I'm not helping you and Taehyun certainly isn't either," Nari shouted.

      "What do you mean?? What did you do to my brother??" Y/N stood up and reached for Nari, managing to scratch her right on the throat.

      I moved Nari out of the way and grabbed Y/N's arms. Jungwon grabbed Nari and yanked her to the other side of the room.

      "What are you doing?? Is she insane?? Get control of your pet, Jake!!" Jungwon yelled while looking at Nari's throat.

      "Jungwon. Don't call her that. You know good and well that's not what she is," I could tell Jungwon was ready to reply but a choked sob stopped him. Everyone turned around to see Y/N with her head in her hands.