Chapter 29

|Ch.29

_________

"How did you find all these?"

Ian quirked an eyebrow at Jeremy's question. How did he find out? Was it his sheer dumb luck? Or maybe because it was his right to know? Whatever the reason it was,he knew it should be him who should handle this case. After all,Arabella was his wife.

"Does it matter now? And know that I'm only letting you join this because I also needed something from you?"

It was Jeremy's turn to raise an eyebrow. A mocking smirk fell from his lips as he judged Ian from his hawk like eyes which seemed to be hiding a storm. "And what is that if I may ask,your majesty?"

Ian felt this urge to punch the man right then and there. The sarcasm dripping from the blonde man was enough to provoke Ian's demon. Now if it wasn't for his wife dearest,he would have killed the fucker for the disrespect.

"How did Arabella go mute?"

Jeremy paused at the question. Squinting his eyes,he stayed silent for few seconds as if trying to comprehend the question. "....what makes you think she is not born mute?"

Ian wanted to scoff at this question. The woman could speak just fine,so why should he think she was born mute?

".....Arabella told me so",Ian lied shamelessly infront of her brother's face.

For a second,Jeremy had a disappointed look but it was gone sooner than it appeared. He looked away at the wall as if he is trying to search words in that damn boring wall. He opened his mouth but the words got stuck in his throat,he blinked his eyes as if trying to erase something from his eyes. It was obvious. So obvious how vulnerable he was when it came to this topic.

"...she–she told you anything?",Though Jeremy was trying his best to hide his breakdown,his voice broke slightly.

Ian squinted his eyes suspiciously. "What do you think?"

Jeremy looked at Ian with a mocking smile,"Tink will never speak about that day. Not even to you,jerk"

Tink,Ian had heard him calling her this specific nickname whenever he is subconsciously worrying about her. It seemed like even he did not notice when he called her that.

"What.happened.to.her?",Ian pressed each word as he used his domineering persona came out slowly. His patience had limits. And now was not a time he needed to test it.

Jeremy,"What will you do if you got to know it?"

Ian clenched his fists trying so hard to not snap at the fucker.

"None of your business"

"Oh yes it is! Fucker"

Ian took a deep breath reminding himself that this man was his wife's brother. His jaw ticked like he was holding every ounce in him from jumping at him.

"Jeremy Campbell,do not forget who I am! You work under me! And I am your sister's husband!"

Jeremy slammed his fist on the table like a beast on a leash. Gritting his teeth,he snarled,"I work for no one! And do I need to remind you that your marriage is just a contract?! Arabella does not belong to you,bastard! One day,the contract will come to an end. And I will definitely make sure that none of you fuckers will never see a glimpse of —"