Chapter 11

|ch.11

_________

Arabella followed Ian's mother to a greenhouse in the backyard of the mansion. The greenhouse was massive with all sorts of plants one could think of. It was beautiful and a sight to the sore eyes.

"Here",Mrs.Carrington threw a pepper spray towards Arabella.

She caught it perfectly and looked at her mother in law with wide eyes.

"I wouldn't ask what you used it for. But that wouldn't be enough to protect yourself"

Arabella tilted her head as she watched Mrs.Carrington caressing a plant. She must really like that plant.

"Also,I want you to know that I can only protect you from dying. Nothing else"

Arabella wrote something on her phone and showed,'what do you mean?'

Mrs.Carrington looked at it and again focused on plants,"Ian Carrington is the mafia King of this city and you being his wife wouldn't bring you respect. You gotta earn respect of the members of the gang. And there are two ways for that. One,you gotta show your dominance but that doesn't mean you need to hold a gun. A woman also can show their dominance in many ways. But they need their voice for that",she looked at Arabella with a knowing look. She didn't voice out and insult Arabella but her thoughts were crystal clear as day.

Arabella is mute. So how could she exert her dominance and gain respect?

"Second,you gotta earn your husband's respect. If he respects you in public infront of everyone,no one would think of harming you. And you clearly lost that too yesterday"

Arabella showed a question mark.

Mrs. Carrington sighed as she looked at her,"Because of his whatever command yesterday,his guards pointed their guns at you. That time,it only showed how you had lost their King's respect. It wouldn't do you good. From now on,no one will look at you with goodwill"

Fucking hell what was that. Did I screw up royally?Arabella thought in horror.

"There will be a party in this house next week. Try not to get anyone's attention or else it would be miserable for you. No one will help you. I will only help you if you are on the brink of death,that is also because of the promise I gave your father"

Mrs. Carrington expected a worried expression but to her amusement,Arabella seemed pissed off. In her mind,she was cursing Ian,your punkass son is the cause of everything! Why don't you try and educate him about how to treat a woman?!

But she dared not to say such things to this woman fearing her own life.

"If you think it's unfair,find a way to earn the respect of the members of the gang"

Arabella didn't want this so called respect. The only thing she needed was a way to escape from this marriage. If she suddenly gained the respect of the members,wouldn't it make impossible for her to escape? So for now,she calmed down.

She wrote something on her phone and showed,'You don't like me as your son's wife right?'

Seeing that,the woman sighed,"Obviously. I didn't want a useless mute girl to be my son's wife. I wanted someone who could help him to do his business"