Chapter 12

Ch.12

_____________

Arabella's pov(Subin)|

It's not been a long time since I came to this world yet I feel like I'm forgetting my own name. And what surprised me was the fact that I didn't care. The name 'Subin' was not that important to me since all the memories related to that name was useless and empty. I know that the name 'Arabella' holds a lot of pain but for me,this name was a beginning.

In my past life,I lived my life paying loans and bills of my useless brothers and parents. I didn't have my life to myself. That's why I decided to spend this life for myself. I will only live for me. But for that,I need to run away. Sacrificing myself for others is not my way,but there is a possibility of me getting involved in other's business because my stupid body will not listen to me. Just like how my body moved on its own to try and save Peter. It's not that I feel pity or sympathy for others,it's just I don't like seeing others getting hurt infront of my eyes. You can get hurt somewhere else all I care but not infront of me. My stupid consciousness will not allow me to stay still if someone like Peter got hurt infront of me.

And that's why I need to leave. I plan to leave after the party. The chances of getting out is fifty–fifty. At first I thought of leaving during the party but the security is going to be really tight. They will check every single person without a miss before allowing their entry or leave. I stand zero chance when I have no any ninja skills.

And now my heart is racing because it's already the party time. Ian's mother,Madalyn Carrington,had planned this party as a gathering for some rich as fuck people. In here,you could meet politicians,celebrities and some big shots in the business industry. But what is really nasty is that they are all involved in the black market. If Carringtons were to go down,they all will go down along with them. That's how their business and contracts work.

These are some god awful people,alright. And what am I among them? Ian Carrington,the King's only Queen? Nah,that's cringy as fuck but it wasn't my title. I'm just his wife for the name. Just for show. And everyone knows it because not long ago I lost the gang members' respect as his wife. And as Ian's mother says,I need a voice to show my dominance as a woman. Well,I could care less about it,after I left all this shit,you can let the dog eat your shitty respect.

But that doesn't mean I should act all careless here. I could get bullied if I was caught in someone's radar,thus I'm in a hiding. The party is going on inside the mansion while I was hiding in the pool area. I only needed to show my face to my mother in law to show I'm present at the party and then I vanished only to appear here.

I looked at my black silk dress my mother in law gifted me for the party. It was decent and elegant with a long cut along my leg. This dress showed my shoulders and collarbone. And my hair was in a bun with a Japanese hair stick with a red flowery tassel hanging at the end.

I took a sip from my wine glass and god it was heaven. When I went to show my face to Ian's mother,I also stole a wine glass before vanishing. Hehe,this are some good stuff. I wish I could go for a vodka too. But I'm reluctant to return. Ian might have already arrived,I don't want to see him. Bastard.

I was sitting on a pool chair next to the pool feeling all satisfied but a sigh escape from my lips when I noticed the empty wine glass. I need one more. I really don't want to go though. What if I get bullied? What if that bastard would be there?

Maybe I could steal one from a passing by waiter and before anyone knows,I could escape to here again? I feel like I'm dumb. Because in novels,if you go back again,you will definitely get caught. And the never ending bullying will begin.