Chapter 13

Ch.13

___________

What is dominance? Power over the little guy? Bullying the powerless?

Frieda had made sure to show everyone her dominance tonight by shaming Ian's wife. Her family was powerful enough to back her up if something goes wrong thus she feared nothing.

She looked at the poor Arabella who was helpless under everyone's gazes. She held her head down touching her slapped cheeks.

"A mute woman with no proper upbringings. You know,you give us a good laugh. To think you'd be so arrogant even after losing the respect as the wife of Ian Carrington",Frieda insulted Arabella and her boost of confidence went high seeing Arabella making no attemp to defend herself. Well,how could she when she couldn't even speak.

Frieda placed her index finger on Arabella's chest and pushed her back,"You don't even have any right to drink alcohol from this house. And you think you could compete with me?"

Madalyn furrowed her eyebrows as she stared at Arabella. She sighed thinking how pathetic Arabella is. It was embarrassing even for her but she couldn't meddle in. More like she didn't want to.

Meanwhile,Ian was in the rooftop of the pool house near the pool. He was dressed in a black fitting long sleeves shirt with few buttons undone with a pair of black ripped jeans. A belt tight wrapped around his think waist giving out a sexy vibe. His hair was jelled and perfectly made with few strands falling into his forehead. He was sitting on a chair with a wine glass as he watched the scene with Peter beside him.

"Sir,you need to help her",Peter said.

Ian stayed silent without saying anything. His hands clenched into a fist when Frieda pushed Arabella by her finger. His eyes were cold as a frosty lake.

Peter bit his bottom lip as he watched in worry.

Ian caught the sight of Arabella's sneaky hands going to her purse as she pulled out something but the bottle was small that it fit into her hands. No one saw what it was. But Ian knew what it was.

He smirked. "Go on my wife",he mumbled.

As Frieda grabbed the front of Arabella's dress, Peter panicked. "Sir!"

Ian stayed still with a blank face.

Frieda started dragging Arabella towards the pool. Everyone watched expecting to see Arabella to be thrown into the pool. It would be so humiliating for her. No one would ever see her as Ian's wife again. She will only be called a loser from now one. A pathetic woman who failed.

Everything happened in a blink of an eye. Everyone watched with wide eyes as gasps of surprise left everyone's lips watching the unexpected scene.

The one in the pool wasn't Arabella but Frieda.

When Frieda was about to push Arabella to the pool,she pulled Frieda by her arm making her look at Arabella in the eyes and at that perfect moment,Arabella sprayed the vicious liquid into her eyes. When Frieda screamed in pain as she went blind for a moment,Arabella released herself from Frieda and pushed her instead.

No one moved as they watched in shock.

The two girls who were with frieda woke up from the shock and charged towards Arabella.