Chapter 10

|Ch.10

_________

Arabella slowly opened her eyes. A white ceiling with golden patterns met her blurry eyes. Confused,she rubbed her eyes and yawned widely.

"Good morning ma'am"

Arabella yelped in surprise as she looked at her side to see a smiling Peter. He was sitting on a chair beside her bed. Her bed? No it wasn't her bed. She sat up straight as her eyes roamed around the room. It was not a room she was familiar with.

She remembered faking her unconsciousness yesterday but she really fell asleep right after that because of how exhausted she was. Thus she didn't know what happened.

"Don't worry. You are in our madam's estate. Neither sir Ian nor Jeremy could see you at the moment because of her orders"

It was a bit relieving since she didn't want to see any of them. But it didn't ease her discomfort. She was in Ian's mother's house at that moment and it was enough to make her pee in her pants.

"Ma'am,please don't worry. You are safe here",Peter tried to calm her down.

Arabella heaved a shaky sigh and hesitantly nodded.

Peter cleared his throat and scratched his neck wanting to say something. Hesitantly,he spoke,"So...you could speak?"

Oh

Oh!!

Shit!

She widened her eyes remembering herself speaking infront of Peter yesterday.

Peter,"Don't worry. I didn't say anyone. And I'm not planning to say it to anyone either. But uh did our sir Ian know about it before?"

Arabella hesitantly spoke,"Yes"

Peter nodded. "Alright then that's good. I don't think anyone else heard you speak so don't worry. I don't know why you are keeping it a secret but I won't ask about it anymore"

Arabella smiled feeling grateful,"Thank you Peter"

Peter shook his head,"No. Thank you and I'm sorry ma'am. Yesterday,because of me,you got hurt. You tried to help me but I couldn't do anything to protect you"

Arabella chuckled awkwardly not knowing what to say. She couldn't say she regretted the moment she came to help him. "It's fine. I didn't do anything much either"

Peter,Arabella,"It was all that dirtbag's fault"

Both of them said at the same time taking both of the surprised. They stared at each other with wide eyes and started laughing.

"You call him dirtbag?",Arabella asked as she laughed.

Peter grinned widely,"Suits him right? But please don't tell him I call him that"

Arabella did a thumbs-up smiling widely.

Peter,"By the way,Madam asked me to take you down once you woke up to have breakfast"