27.

Pierre

Is this how it feels to die?

Seeing bright white lights... Rushing to the hospital... Having so many doctors urgently surrounding me...

I'm so scared that I have been put in this position once again. This shit reminded me of when I overdosed the first time.

Nobody wasn't around at home when it happened to me. I just remember collapsing to the ground, shaking with foam building up in my mouth. My mom didn't show up til like a few minutes later and her heart broke when she saw my state.

Even then, the situation happened just like this—white bright lights, rushing to the hospital, and having many doctors surrounding me.

Did I overdose again?

All that I could remember was that I was driving to Chick-Fil-A to get me, Josiah, and Tyree some food. Then whatever happened, happened. That's all that I can recall, sadly.

The sounds of constant beeping are near my ears. I shifted a little from the noise.

My eyes fluttered opened. My eyes felt like it held so much weight when I opened them. The first that I see is that I'm in a room that I'm unfamiliar with. A tv was playing, showing Law and Order. When I tried to move, it felt like too much to even so much lift a finger. The clothes that I have on is not my regular but a hospital gown with a hospital band attached to my wrist. I also noticed a breathing mask was put over my face to control my breathing.

Just like when I overdosed.

I start to slightly panic, trying to desperately move but I couldn't. I'm helpless.

Where's Tyree and Josiah? I wonder if they're alright, especially considering I was the one driving when I blacked out.

A bit of my panic subsided when I heard a familiar voice. "You're up, thank the Lord!"

Looking over, I saw my mom and my sister, Paris, get up and walk to me. Even though I have so much to say, I couldn't speak with this mask over my face.

"My baby is okay," my mom says, wrapping her arms around me just like she used to do to me when I was a child.

My eyes teared up from the interaction. Why am I back in this position again? I was doing so fuckin' good.

Paris stood back some with her arms crossed, a guilty look on her face. "I'm glad that you're okay, P. We were all worried about you."

Never thought I would actually hear that from Paris. It makes me relieved that she's here.

My mom pulls back and stares seriously into my eyes. "You had a seizure, baby. The doctors put you on the ventilator to control your breathing because of the lack of oxygen you were getting after the crash."

Me having a seizure? What the fuck.

Then she clarifies what I've been most worried about. "I know what you're thinking. Josiah and Pierre were banged up too from the crash, but they're alright. Luckily, the crash wasn't too bad. It's not anything too serious. The car that the three of you were in skidded off the road and hit a pole. Nobody else was hurt. I'll be calling them to let them know that you're awake now."