25.

Josiah

It's two days before Thanksgiving, and Braelyn and I are planning out who's going to cook what. It's going to be hosted at our house with some of our friends coming over.

Braelyn was standing in front of the bathroom mirror, doing her makeup because she's getting ready for work. I'm next to her doing my daily skin care routine.

"I want to make the yams and macaroni, cousin."

"Okay, I just don't want you being on your feet for too long."

Braelyn is starting to get more lazy and complaining a lot more about a lot of things. This baby got her tore up. She'll be due in nearly two months from now.

"Josiah, I don't complain that much."

I gave her a look, because why is she lying?

She leans over the sink to closely look into the mirror and starts to put her long eyelashes on.

I rinse my face off and grab a towel that's on the counter so I could wipe my face dry.

"Who's all coming? You got a head count?" Braelyn asked.

"Well, considering Tyree and Pierre are coming, and also Darren..." I trailed.

"Don't forget my two other coworkers and their lil boo thangs."

"Right. That should be about... Seven people coming."

My cousin gets to smiling the hardest I don't ever seen in a long time. "I'm so ready for Thanksgiving so I can have all this food."

"And we know what else you are happy about, too," I smirked.

Braelyn rolls her eyes at me in the mirror. "You are so annoying, Siah! Don't nobody like that man!"

"Why do you have to be like that? You know you like him. Darren is a good man and he's good looking, so I don't see why you don't want to claim him as yours. He's making you so happy and taking care of you through your pregnancy as if he's the father of your child."

Darren and Braelyn have been getting serious and she still claims that she doesn't like him. I know my cousin well enough to know that she likes him.

"He's cute and kind... That's about it." Brae turns to face me with a red lipstick tube in her hand. "Put this lipstick on for me, cousin."

I grab it from her, popping the top off. She slightly pucker her lips out for me so I could put it on.

Braelyn going to make sure she looks her absolute best come Thanksgiving day.

After applying several coats of lipstick and lipliner to her lips, I put the stick back into the tube. She gets to rubbing her lips together. "Trez is still getting on my damn nerves. Now he's threatening me."

I sighed heavily from her telling me all this. It's always something.

"He won't stop blowing up my phone with these different numbers. I don't know what else to do. He won't leave me alone."

"File a restraining order on him. The last thing I would want is for him to hurt you or the baby," I said with my arms folded over my chest.

"I might just have to. The extent he's going to is crazy."

This is a scary situation because he could find where we currently live.

She closes her eyes and starts to spray her face.

"No, you are going to file it against him. He can risk putting you and the baby in danger and we don't want that."

Braelyn nods her head at my words. "Okay, cousin. I'll do it."