04.

Tyree

I lowly rapped to myself as I sorted my grandma's pills in the kitchen. Something I've been doing every since she got sick.

She walks into the kitchen wearing her cannula while pushing her walker. "Always rapping a whole bunch of nothing."

I chuckled at her as I finished sorting it out. "Stop playin' wimme. You know I go hard."

"Mhm."

"What happened to you being my number one fan?" I joked.

"Number one fan? Boy, hush." She sits down at the table to take a few of her daily pills. "Maybe one of those crazy ass girls... Or boys will be."

I shook my head at her while I went to get her a bottle of water before setting it down on the table in front of her. "You been here before them though."

And has.

It hurt me when she told me she been diagnosed with stage three cancer a few months ago. She didn't really start getting sick until about two years earlier while I was locked up. She the only family I got really.

So since I been out, I just been taking care of her like how she did to me growing up.

My grandma gives me a small smile before beginning to take her pills. "I appreciate you helping me out, Tyree. I know it's hard and all."

"Nah, this what I'm supposed to do. You know I'll be here for anything."

She puts her hand on top of mine. That tired look is on her face. "You're always so helpful."

We talked some more until I figured it was time for me to head out.

"I'm out," I tell her, getting up to hug and kiss her cheek.

"Be careful," I heard her say.

"Okay, grandma. Love you." Tears almost came to my eyes but I blinked them away. I opened the front door and left out.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Pierre was all leaned out his car window, loudly talking to the new boy who stayed right next to me. I'm still tight about how everything went down at the party. I tried to walk away, but that's never possible with that nigga Pierre. He got one bad ass temper.

He steady always tryna start shit with me all the time for no reason.

The boy could be seen laughing at his words as Pierre just has that grin on his face, showing his white teeth. For a nigga who heavy on drugs, his teeth are nice as hell.

He used to never be big on drugs. I don't know when and how he got on that shit. Obviously, it made him crazier which I didn't mind too much.

Killa passed the blunt to me, following the direction of my eyes. "Das' the nigga who wacked you at that party, mane?"

I nodded my head, taking a drag from the roach. Watching as he kissed the boy on the cheek.

"Coo', that's the only confirmation I need."

"Chill out."

"What you mean 'chill out' when he just wacked yo ass the other day? He been fucking with the wrong people with his crackhead ass."

My eyes avert to look into Killa's waistband and saw his gun that he be having on him 24/7. Nobody fucks with him. To be honest, I don't know how I got mixed up into any of his shit.

"I'll deal wit' the shit," I tell him.

Really, it wasn't a big deal to me. Pierre and I never got along and that's something I'm used to.