15.

Josiah

After finding out what Tyree did, I couldn't stop crying. Even though we all aren't together, I still felt hurt about the situation.

And this was one of the worst fears I didn't want to experience again. I put my all into someone—just for me to get hurt all over again.

Pierre was just as hurt as me, if not more. He was angry about the situation more than anything.

Braelyn was being a good cousin and comforting me as my mood has been down for these past few days. I know she is tired of seeing me like this every time I date someone who does me so dirty. One thing about her, she's not going to taunt me and say, 'I told you so' but she sticks up for me and is going to be there every step of the way.

Pierre was attempting to cook us some food in his kitchen as in a way to cheer me up since I've been down. I sat down at the kitchen table as I watched him cook. Even though I'm scared to try it, I think it's sweet.

His mom comes into the kitchen after smelling the food that's being cooked. "Boy, move out the way. You don't know what you are doing. Going to make this sweet poor boy sick."

Pierre tries to block her from coming any closer to the stove as he stirred the macaroni. "Mama, I know what I'm doing."

"You are wasting all my dishes."

"I'll clean it up later. You want some when I'm done? I'm making enough for everyone."

"Hell no, I'm ordering me some DoorDash tonight. You're already fuckin' up the food, should've had me cook."

Pierre only just smiles at her. "You know you don't mean that."

Pierre's such a mama's boy, I think it's cute.

"Whatever. Just don't burn down my kitchen. Josiah, keep an eye on him for me, please?"

I smile and nod my head at her. "I will." She gives Pierre one more look before walking away.

"I can't believe you are cooking for me, Pierre, how sweet," I smiled, getting up and walking behind him as I wrapped my arms around his waist.

I start to pepper kisses all over his neck, lovingly.

"Siah, better chill out before I have you on this counter in my mama's kitchen."

I laughed. "You need help with anything?"

"Nah, I'm good."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "You sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure, Siah. I'm doing this for you."

I back away from him to take a seat again. "Okay, Pierre."

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Pierre was kind enough to fix me a plate that I could've did for myself, but he wanted to be nice. He made macaroni, greens, and baked chicken.

It smelled and looked good, so I wasn't really too worried when I picked my fork up and tried the chicken.

"It's actually good, Pierre," I complimented.

"What you mean 'actually'? You was expecting it to be bad or sum'?"

"Not necessarily what I'm saying, but you did better than what I was expecting."

"Mane, get on. I can really throw down in the kitchen."

"Then why were you scaring your mom?"

Pierre waved me off as I burst out into laughters. I'm not trying to take away from the fact that he did a good job on this food.