03.

Pierre

All I've been doing lately is been talking to Josiah, whether it's me going across the street to visit him or talking on FaceTime at nights. I know I just met him last week, but he's someone I would want to hang around with constantly.

Honestly, I'm just ready to get in Josiah's pants. He over here playing hard to get, acting like he don't want it.

Everyone wants me.

He's gonna be mine soon.

I was lining up the white, powdery substance on a paper with the music turned up loud.

There be times where the pills isn't cutting it, and I just want to get really high.

I leaned my head down once I got it all lined up and began to snort it all. Of course that burning sensation hit the inside of my nostrils, but it felt great at the same time.

Just then, I felt someone bang my car window hard as hell. I never jumped so hard to reach for my gun that is in my passenger seat until I saw that it's just Darren. He was laughing at me.

I quickly wiped my nose and lowered the window. "Aight, keep playing and you gonna fuck around and get shot one day. All 'cus you wanna play."

"I been waiting on yo ass! C'mon," he says.

Smacking my teeth, I get myself together before I leave this car. Darren didn't suspect nothing so that's good. I don't feel like hearing his mouth about me killing myself.

I stepped out the car, wearing all black, including my all black Air Force 1s. I made sure to grab my pistol, tucking it into my jeans.

Right up the street, you can hear the block party going on. Loud music blaring from outside, which was probably annoying other people who is actually tryin' to sleep.

Every year in the hood, they always hold a block party when it get closer to the holidays. It's just a chance for everyone to come together to have some fun and interact.

When I was younger, my mama didn't want my older sister and I to go to one because from her words, 'Black people don't know how to act.' Now I see why, someone always shooting.

"What up, P and Darren," I heard.

There was Baby JonJon on his bike. Shit, I forgot how old he is, but I think he around ten or eleven going to this type of event with his lil bad ass. "What you doing here? This ain't a place for kids."

He smacked his teeth. "What you mean? I'm with my big sis."

I perked up when he mentioned his sister. I think she just turned eighteen—I hope. She's way too fine. "Oh, really? Where she at?"

He shrugs his shoulders. "I don't know. She somewhere with her boyfriend."

Then he gets to laughing before running over my feet with his bike. That lil mothafucka.

Darren laughed at me. "You still tryna smash his sister is crazy."

I waved him off. I get what I want whenever I want.

In the distance, I spotted D'Von was at the party too with the same niggas that jumped me.

Guess who was by his side?

Ole' girl I used to fuck on. Because of this hoe, I got my ass tore up. And that ain't fair because I was high that night.

I still feel soreness on my back too.

"Why won't you get back at the niggas who jumped you in front of yo mama's house?" Darren snickered.

I gave him a mug. "Why? I'm good on that."